Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,566   Posts: 1,573,467   Online: 776

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya Universal "Flat Top", 140/4.5 Ilex Paragon, 75/3.5 Voigtlander Color-Skopar

Few items I don't need. Feel free to make an offer.

Mamiya Universal "Flat Top" camera with grip (no cable release), Adapter M (roll film back adapter), Mamiya 100/3.5 Collapsible, and Mamiya "S" 6X7 back.

Camera has been completely overhauled, new flat black inside, new light seals inside and where Adapter M attaches, RF/VF were removed due to being jacked up, top plate was constructed of 2mm ABS plastic and attached with screws. This camera was exposed to excessive moisture and the aluminum was bubbling/oxidizing under the paint & leatherette. It has been recovered and re-painted. A cold shoe was installed on the top plate. This was just a project for me, I don't have a lot of money in it, just time. It would make a nice scale focus body with a wide angle lens and external VF or if you have the GG back it can be used as a light field camera.

Grip was in the same sad condition as the body of the camera, it has been sanded down and repainted. Unfortunately the cable release was frozen and could not be freed so it was pitched.

Lens is in great condition, glass is clean and shutter is accurate. The lens collapses as it shoud and the focus is smooth and aperture is dry and rotates freely. Only caveat is I had to make a home made aperture scale for the shutter as the original shutter was bad and this one came from a 150mm 5.6 lens. The aperture scale is correct as I have my own 100/3.5 and used the aperture scale to make the new marks on the existing scale that was covered with masking tape and a fine tip sharpie was used to mark it. It isn't showing in the photo and if you want I can send you one with it visible.

Film back was in bad shape too however it worked fine so I cleaned it up, stripped off the leatherette, repainted it, installed new light seals, and now it works fine. I didn't replace the leatherette but it is ready for you to do so if you desire.

Whew! Big description, like I said I have fun fixing stuff so this is now up for sale since it is done if anyone is interested.

$ Make an offer - The Adapter M can be sold on eBay for at least $75 alone but don't want to split it off as the body is useless without it.

Ilex Paragon Anastigmat 140mm f4.5 in Acme #2 with retaining ring. (1sec - 1/300, T&B) Good shape, works fine, glass is clear with some very fine marks in the front coating but you must angle it into the light the right way to see them. Don't think they will affect photo quality at all. Shutter is accurate to the ear but is probably a little off, won't matter enough for B&W film. Not sure about chromes. Aperture is dry and turns smoothly.
    $65 Shipped in the US

Voigtlander Color-Skopar 75mm f3.5 in Compur Rapid with retaining ring. (1sec - 1/500, T&B) Works great, T&B as well, speeds seem accurate to the ear. Will cover 6X9. I did not mount it but put it in a helical and used the ground glass screen on my Mamiya Super 23 to see the coverage. It was originally intended for 6X6 on a Voigtlander Perkeo II but will cover 6X9 with no problems and no dark corners. I purchased it to use in a project I decided against. Aperture is smooth and dry, glass is very clean.
    $35 Shipped in the US*SOLD*

More photos of all the items here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3855704...7623664815253/
    Last edited by photobizzz; 04-06-2010 at 05:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    PM sent on the Voitlander.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the shutter of the 100mm lens working properly at all speeds? I love this lens, but my shutter hangs up at the slow speeds.

Got a price in mind for the whole thing? I don't like making totally blind offers.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Voigtlander lens is sold, Mamiya pending to 2F/2F...
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    I was asked for a price so how about for the Mamiya, grip, lens, and back for $135
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    140mm Ilex Paragon is off the market, decided to keep it - Gonna sell the Mamiya "M" adapter on eBay and keep the rest to tinker with, may get a polaroid back that will mate to this body without an adapter for fun.
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin