Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 785

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Mamiya Super 23 Kit - 3 lenses, GG, Grip, 2 Backs, Film

Well in my continuing effort to slim down and my decision to stick with one format now I am putting my very nice Mamiya Super 23 kit up for sale. All items are fully functional and in great shape. I have decided for the sake of my pocket book to stay with 4X5 only and concentrate on shooting and printing vs. accumulating equipment; no matter how much I love it.

I would prefer to sell it all together but that doesn't usually happen so I will sell the items separately but do not want to sell the film until the body sells. All prices included shipping.

Prices:
    Mamiya Super 23 Body & Grip - $150
    65mm f6.3 & Finder - $300*SOLD*
    100mm f3.5 Collapsible w/OEM Hood - $90
    150mm f5.6 - $140*SOLD*
    GG Focusing Back - $100*SOLD*
    6X7 120/220 Back - $55
    6X9 120/220 Back - $80*SOLD*
    Film - $100

All items - $900 ($100 off items sold separately)

Descriptions:

Mamiya Super 23 & Grip - Few marks on body, nothing substantial. RF is aligned vertically & horizontally, VF is clean and clear (I replaced 3 of the optical elements from another body). Grip had a few marks that have been touched up with gloss black paint, cable release works perfectly.

Mamiya 65mm f6.3 & Finder - Clean glass, aperture is dry and rotates smoothly, shutter is accurate. Focus is a bit stiff when going from infinity to minimum focus distance, fine the other way. Focuses fine though, just like full disclosure. Finder is beautiful, couple of specks of dust inside but nothing you can see when looking through it. This is the most beautiful image I have ever seen looking through this finder, zero distortion (28mm equiv. on 135). You may need to place a small piece of paper under the foot to make it snug on this body, may be fine on yours. Not sure why this is as it has not been changed in any way, really just a minor irritation. Comes with 43mm wide angle hood from eBay seller "heavystar" with 49mm snap cap.

Mamiya 100mm f3.5 Collapsible - Clean glass except for one super small mark in the coating on the front element near the edge. This is the newer model of this lens (55mm filter). Aperture is smooth, shutter speeds accurate, focus is smooth and lens locks firmly into place in either the out or in position. This lens is required for using the movements on the Super 23 and is used in the collapsed position when using movements. Comes with front cap and OEM hood for the 100/3.5 & 127/4.5 lenses.

Mamiya 150mm f5.6 - Clean glass, shutter is accurate, aperture is dry and rotates smoothly, focus is smooth. This is the newer model of this lens. (55mm filter) The barrel of this lens had a few marks where the aluminum was oxidizing, I cleaned these out and touched up the marks with gloss black paint. I have shown this in one of the photos, purely cosmetic. Comes with front and rear caps. The hood from the 100mm lens will work fine with this lens as well.

Mamiya GG focusing back - Very handy and necessary if you wish to use the movements on the Super 23, in like new condition. Comes boxed with the Styrofoam inserts. I have never personally seen one of these for sale on eBay so I take it that they are quite rare.

Mamiya 6X7 "S" 120/220 film back - in EX condition, new light seals inside and where the back mates with the body. Film counter and advance work perfectly. There are a couple of small marks on the exterior that are purely cosmetic. Comes with dark slide, take up spool, and instructions.

Mamiya 6X9 "S" 120/220 film back - in EX++ condition. Looks almost new, functions perfectly, light seals are like new, comes with dark slide, take up spool, and little red Mamiya tag. These "S" backs are known for their exceptional film flatness due to their design, very easy to load as well.

Film - all has been cold stored (Freezer) by me and the previous owner I purchased them from. This is a huge lot of film and will keep you going for a long time. I developed a roll of the Ilford FP4 the other day and it was perfect, no loss of contrast I could see. Listed below is what I have, would prefer to sell it all together after the body sells but if someone only wants part I can piece it out into several lots.

Ilford FP4 - 29 rolls of 120 (exp 10/97)
    Ilford Pan-F - 2 rolls of 120 (fresh)
    Fuji NPS 160 ISO - 10 rolls of 120 (exp 6/2006)
    Fuji NPC 160 ISO - 5 rolls of 220 (exp 5/2004)

I have more photos of these items on my flicker account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3855704...7623666171829/

Please feel free to PM me with any offers if you feel my prices are too high. I am not really looking for any trades as I need the cash to purchase a whole darkroom setup locally but I will still be glad to read your offer and I may trade if the deal is right. I prefer payment by PayPal with the payment sent as a "gift" to avoid the fees, if you feel uncomfortable with this scenario we can do the payment the normal way but I will have to ask you to split the fees with me. I can also accept a M/O or Personal Check but the check will have to clear and prefer PayPal for the speed of the transaction. I will ship the items by USPS Priority mail unless you wish to pay for another way (difference in cost) but I have found that USPS Priority is the fastest and cheapest from my area (Eagle River, Alaska - Anchorage, AK suburb) I am only listing this setup here on APUG for the time being, I will make a donation to APUG upon completion of the final sale if the item sells here on APUG. I will wait a while to give APUG members first crack at these items before listing it elsewhere. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by photobizzz; 04-06-2010 at 09:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    65mm, 150mm, GG Back, and 6X9 back is sold. Body, 100mm, 6X7 back, and film still available. Will make a nice deal for someone on the rest of the gear as a package!
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    I will sell the Mamiya Super 23 w/grip, 100mm f3.5 Collapsible lens, 6X7 back and all the film for $325 Shipped USPS Priority Mail! That is one heck of a deal and more film than you can shoot in a long time!

I would also be interested in a lens/shutter for 4X5 of equal value ($350-$400 trade value)
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am very interested in the films. Could you please let me know the price for all of your films?
    Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Body, lens, back, and film sold pending payment
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Body, 100, 6X7 Back still available
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I keep getting PMs here and on RFF saying they want to purchase but never respond to my replies the remaining items are going to eBay. Thanks to Karim for his purchase yesterday. I will leave the thread open in case someone wants these items and will end the listing on eBay once payment is made. Thank you.
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Camera, Lens, Back, and Grip sold on eBay in 15min. Film still available minus 2 rolls of Ilford Pan-F
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin