Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,645   Online: 816

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"Cibachrome" and "Ilford Cibachrome" paper, old. Any interest?

I am in need of some freezer space, so I just moved out all of this "paper" (actually more like plastic). It is a small freezer's worth that came along with some chemicals and black and white paper that I bought on Craigslist, and I can't imagine the next time I will get around to Ilfochrome printing to try out this old material.

I have several boxes and packets of this paper, 8x10 and 11x14. Most are opened and partially used.

Ciba printing material is not known to age well, so you cannot expect to get "good" prints with this. It may not even work at all! I planned on pinholin' with the paper, but never got around to it.

However, if there is any interest despite the keeping properties of Ilfochrome, let me know, and I will inventory the stuff. If no interest, it is getting trashed.

Once I get it inventoried, and if anyone wants it, I would consider a small trade in exchange (some film or whatever), or even $$$ if you are feeling generous. In any case, the taker is responsible for shipping, and agrees to take it as is with the understanding that it may not work at all.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-06-2010 at 10:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don't you open up the boxes, take pictures to show the sheets in the boxes, and sell it on ebay?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm interested but slightly slower than others. I just want a box or two to play around with.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd LOVE to have some! I have an unopened Ilfochrome P30 kit of unknown vintage that may or may not work, and I have wanted to get some paper to try it on...
    Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's a thread started on creating a supplement dye bleach somewhere. I still need paper though.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! More interest than I thought for hopelessly out of date paper.

I foolishly forgot to mention one of the most important facts: These are OPENED and INCOMPLETE boxes!

I will go through tonight and count what is left.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-06-2010 at 10:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, please let us know! I would like to have at least a little bit to play with before I shell out for fresh stuff!
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg View Post
    I'd LOVE to have some! I have an unopened Ilfochrome P30 kit of unknown vintage that may or may not work, and I have wanted to get some paper to try it on...
    Be very careful with the bleach with old chemistry.

I got six liters of the stuff, but none of it was usable. The bleach powder had actually liquefied in the bags and had started eating (burning) through the metal bag! Lucky for the fact that the bleach pouches were made double layered, with a layer of plastic on top of the foil.

Make sure you dispose of your stuff at the proper facility!
    2F/2F

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I couldn't care less. I just want a few sheets to play with without spending $300 on a new box of 8x10.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin