Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,419   Online: 941

View Poll Results: If you are NOT making a purchase now, please let us now why...

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was searching for something else, I don't need this.

2 7.14%
  • It's too expensive

0 0%
  • It seems too complicated to assemble

0 0%
  • I prefer to make stuff from scratch

0 0%
  • I'm waiting for other people to try it first

2 7.14%
  • I prefer another outside material (not textile look)

0 0%
  • I'm waiting for the colored versions

0 0%
  • I really want a square corner bellows

0 0%
  • I might buy one later, I don't need it right now

25 89.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS: DIY Custom Camera Bellows Kit (4x5, 8x10, etc)

The kit can be made for any film format based on the dimensions you send, see below. The price for a 4x5 bellows kit is $42, for an 8x10 is $90, check the link at the bottom of the page for more price options or contact me.

Sample bellows.

Have a camera you can't use because of damage to the bellows? Or maybe it's missing the bellows altogether? Or are you making a camera and you have enough challenges without having to design a bellows? You can't afford to spend the cost of a new OEM or custom bellows? This kit may be for you.

How does it work?
    You first obtain the specifications (click here to see how).
    You place the order right on this page
    We design the kit and mail it to you
    You assemble a paper model and verify fit (click here to see how)
    You assemble the bellows ( click here to see how or watch the quick review video )

What does it contain?
    • outside cover material
    • (inside) liner material
    • pattern for cutting the cover & liner
    • pattern of the ribs printed directly on the ribs material
    • spray adhesive for the cover/stiffener/liner sandwich
    • illustrated step by step instructions to assemble the bellows
    • DVD with an annotated video recording of a complete assembly process
    • paper model patterns

What else do I need?
    • utility cutter with NEW blade
    • straight metal ruler (or a thin straight metal piece) to guide the cutter
    • flat cutting/working surface (MDF board from local hardware store is perfect)
    • low tack adhesive tape (painter's tape)
    • protective equipment (gloves, mask)

For more information on options & limitations as well as a FAQ, click here

Note 1: If your camera format is not listed, contact us, we can make kits for any format. We'll get back to you promptly with a price and we can add it as an option to this page..

Note 2: We reserve the right to refuse to produce a kit if we believe it would not work in the specific application the customer is trying to use it. In this case we will refund the entire amount paid for the kit, including shipping.

Note 3: The fully extended bellows length for a given camera format cannot be more then three times the length of the diagonal of the film format for the price listed. If such a long bellows is needed, contact us for a quote.

You can order the bellows online here :

http://www.diycamerakit.com/product_...?products_id=1
    Last edited by sv@diycamerakit.com; 04-07-2010 at 09:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am going to buy one from you soon. I just picked up an Omega 45F that needs a new bellows. I just need to get the money together and take the measurements via your instructions on the links. Will be in touch soon. BTW, 'will buy as soon as I can' is not an option on your list.

Tim
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice video! I wish you had put this up about a week ago before I ordered and already installed new bellows for my Toyo 45A which cost $170! I may be ordering a new set for another camera soon. Check your PM box, have a question.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm very tempted to re-do my 'practice' bellows on my 8x10 Century with your bellows kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm building a 4x5 from scratch, almost ready to do the bellows, but I think I'm going to order a kit from you. Looks great!
    Howard

The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. - Paul Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'm very tempted to re-do my 'practice' bellows on my 8x10 Century with your bellows kit.
    I think you should!
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    35mm
    I just ordered a set for a camera I am re-furbishing. Very affordable compared to the $225 average estimates I have gotten.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got out of 4x5 as it doesn't suit my style of photography, but I just wanted to give you props for doing something like this. I'm sure the money isn't great and you're in it for the spirit of large format photography. So, thanks for making/keeping it accessible to us film nuts and making it cheap and DIY at the same time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Sorin! I'll be ordering mine soon too!
    Cheers amigo.
    Alejo
    One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style. ~Author Unknown

Shooter
    35mm
    I will definitely order a set from you. That should save me a ton of work, and I'll have enough time to work on designing the actual camera. I'll also order a ground glass kit.
    It is awesome that you are doing this, cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin