Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,447   Online: 924

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Herd Thinning Continues. Petzval and Yashica T4

For Sale Westminster of London brass Petzval lens. Approximately 9" focal length. This is a small lens with BAGS of coverage. The side has engraving saying its a '1/4 Plate Enlarging Objective. I've seen an image circle that would cover 5x7 with room to spare. It has a slot for waterhouse stops. Unfortunately, I don't have any stops for it. There is a small ding in the lens hood, and no chunks, chips, or major marks, just normal use since it is an older lens that is over 100 years old! There is what looks like maybe a little fungus that has not progressed since I've had it on the front element. You can only see it when using reflected light at an angle and it is not visible when you look through both front and back lenses at a light source. It will not impact the lens signature or image. I'll post some pictures tonight. I'd like $175 for this plus shipping.

Another item I have is a Yahica T4 camera. Many people might not know that these were also used in some of the game cameras hunters used in the field before they went digital. This was one such camera and has a small plug that is JB welded onto the side of the camera that allows an IR trigger ie deer walking by to actuate the shutter. With the plug disconnected, this camera functions as a normal camera. I'm not using it as I mainly use a Minox 35gt and an Olympus XA for my compact camera. Everyone knows the T4 Zeiss lens is top performer. Again, pictures to follow later on. I'd like $125 for it. It's in good shape with normal use handling marks.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Andrew:

I'll take the Petzval if it swirls! Could you post a pic taken with the lens?

Thanks,

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also interested in the petzval...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kent, I've not taken anything with this lens yet as I have others with similar focal length. I will make a wet plate with it today or early tomorrow if I can and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by kberquist View Post
    Andrew:

I'll take the Petzval if it swirls! Could you post a pic taken with the lens?

Thanks,

Kent

Shooter
    35mm
    I am interested at the T4. So it could act as a normal camera correct?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tri911, the T4 is a normal camera that had a plug fitted so it could use an IR trigger, that's all. I've removed the plug. It works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WEt palte image using the Wetminster lens.

I just made a wet plate image using the Westminster lens. Here is the scan and I'll make real pictures of the lens and T4 with my cell phone camera a little later. As you can see, the signature has some swirlies, but more of a shimmer with this format. The plate is only 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square and the lens has bags more coverage and effects at the edges. It's not a violent swirl like some of the B&L cinephor lenses, but its a decent portrait lens that gives a creamier look but nice out of focus areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bowl.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some images as promised.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Petzval 1a.jpg   Petzval 2.jpg   Petzval 3.jpg   petzval front lens.jpg   Petzval 4.jpg  

Yashica T4 2.jpg   Yashica T4.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll take the petzval...looks good to me.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Petzval is sold and Yashica T4 is still available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin