Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,482   Online: 919

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 240/5.6 -420/12 Convertible Lens

Hi All,

I have for sale a Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 240/5.6 -420/12 Convertible Lens. Glass is clean and clear and the Compur shutter and aperture work great. Includes SK Grimes retaining ring and caps. This lens will cover up to 8x10 I've been told.

Asking $250 shipped in the US and $265 shipped foreign.

Offers gladly entertained. I may be interested in full or partial trades for the following items:

Plastic 5X7 holders
    5x7 Foma Film
    6x9 camera

Shipping via USPS Priority Mail Insured.

Please PM me with any questions you may have. I've bought and sold a lot here and you can view my eBay feedback under jmooney776 if you'd like. I will happily ship overseas but please note I will be put accurate values on all customs forms.

Items sold AS-IS, of course any major issues will be worked out.

Paypal only please. Payments as gift are appreciated but that is solely the choice of the buyer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schneider Convertible-1.jpg   Schneider Convertible-2.jpg   Schneider Convertible-3.jpg   Schneider Convertible-4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great lens! I have this one (though a newer version) and the Nikkor-W, both in Sinar DB mount. It's normal on 5x7, and on 8x10 it feels similar to the 35mm FL on small format. Allows for a little bit of movement, even on 8x10.

Honestly, I'd like to sell mine to get one in a Copal, and keep the Nikkor-W for DBM mount.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Lunchtime bump....stake your claim now! Unsold stuff is off to eBay Monday!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a nice 6X9 Zeiss Ikonta that I bought from Certo66 a couple of years ago and have not used for anything except to shoot a couple of rolls of film in. Real nice camera with case and original instruction manual. Not a rangefinder, but in sterling condition if you are interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you know the image circle? What size shutter, is that a #3? I'm looking for a 240mm 8x10 lens with room for movement.
    Also, are you supposed to use it that way?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Do you know the image circle? What size shutter, is that a #3? I'm looking for a 240mm 8x10 lens with room for movement.

I don't know what the image circle is and I'm not sure of the size of the shutter. If you can tell me where to measure I'm happy to. You are the second to catch on that I put the elements on the wrong side of the shutter after I removed it from the lensboard it was on. I blame the fact that I'm a total newb to LF...

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is a nice link for anyone looking up lens specifications for most lenses. This particular lens has an image circle of 336mm.

http://www.graflex.org/lenses/lens-spec.html
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    ic-racer, I too noticed the front & rear lenses are reversed. I have the same lens/shutter combo, mounted by Sinar. According to my Sinar literature from the late '60s when I bought it:

shutter size is II 5/2
    image circle = 335mm @ f/22
    movements (8x10, Horiz/Vert) = 15/19mm

From Schneider website:
    shutter size is II 5/2 +3 (+3 is for the electronic version)
    image circle = 336mm @ f/16
    movements (8x10, Horiz/Vert) = 15/18mm

Useful info:

http://www.skgrimes.com/compur/

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/...5,6-240mm.html
    (note the typo on recommended format size, should be 180x240mm)

If you want me to look for it, I think I have a website bookmarked somewhere that gives the size of the lensboard hole.

Shooter
    35mm
    If it is a Copal #3 it is a 65mm hole (I have a 300/5.6 Xenar in Copal 3)
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump! Sooth your Monday morning blues with a new LF lens! Offers gladly entertained!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin