Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,303   Online: 1133

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

LGM's bring me 2 Unusual Petzval's and they're Cheap!

These are both projection petzvals. That's bad for me, good for you because I don't get to ask the coo coo prices that people are paying for the BIG NAME petzvals on the bay.

First is an odd one to me. It's a 12" f8. Little bitty thing. A 12" f4 is struggling to go on a 6X6 lens board, but this little lens is diminutive.

It just covered the 8X10 format at infinity with darkened corners, but there. I couldn't bet it to swirl at all. It does however have a gorgeous petzval look. Classic tack sharp point in the center with immediate fall off to lovely out of focus bokeh.

The glass is exceptional. Sparkles like brand new. Never seen another quite like it.

How about $165 for him.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

2nd of 2 in this ad!

2nd one is a 90mm f2.3!! More after dinner.

OK, so here is the little 90mm one.

Here's a page with pictures made with a 96mm Petzval on 4X5.

This one would look almost identical. It's a little shorter and a little faster than that one was.

Something fun to do, not your main bread and butter.

It's in great shape. You would leave the longish lens hood piece off and probably also the main casing so that you could get the most coverage without any mechanical vignetting.

F2.3 is awfully fast. I'd think you would want to use this on a speed Graphic with focal plane shutter that can get you to 1/1000th second. Let's say $95 for this one. You pay shipping.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin