Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,095   Online: 1009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Free to good home - Durst DA900 column

I sold my DA900 on ebay to a guy in Italy who already had one, but his was seriously messed up... so when we discovered that the column exceeds the USPS shipping limits, it wasn't the end of the world when I took that off and sent him everything else. He'll put my head on his column and be very happy.

But now I have this perfectly good DA900 column sitting here. Seems a shame to throw it out. Someone could probably use it, right? The catch is you have to be in the US (or fly here and carry it back with you on an airplane or something :-) ) because it simply can't be shipped out of the country by normal means.

So if you'll pay my exact UPS shipping costs, it's yours. Shouldn't even be $20 I would think. But I'll send it and tell you how much it was and then when you get it, send me a check or money order or paypal or whatever.

OK, don't all rush forward at once...

Duncan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Duncan,
    I am new to film . Will this cover 4x5? If so, let me be the first to raise my hand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I guess I should read the post before I get all hand happy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh yeah, how could I forget - I have the big heavy base for the DA900 too! Another free-for-shipping item. Though this one could actually ship internationally if you're willing to pay the insane rate for US Priority Mail International for something this heavy... If someone in the US wants both I will lash them together and that should minimize the shipping charges.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know it's a bit crazy, but what would it cost to take the base apart and send only the metal foot to Germany?
    I have a perfect A600 sitting here without a base and I've been thinking about ordering something from a metal shop for it. DA900 and A600 bases were identical. So, basically it's a simple cost v cost + DIY v original comparison for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Actually the base turns out to be surprisingly light for its size - I think it's aluminum. And yet by the time I throw it in a box and send it to Germany, it costs $60, according to the usps website. Yikes! I sure wish they would bring back Parcel Post for heavier items. But hey, if you'll pay it, I'll ship it! Just so we are sure we're talking about the same item, here is a picture of it...

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Base shipment pending - back to just the column free to good home...

Duncan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My Laborator 900 column spring is just about to snap as it's now broken about halfway across. Does the spring in the DA900 column fit. They're $150 new here in England but there are no more left. What do reckon about getting the spring out and shipping it across the pond.
    Andrew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The DA900 spring is connected between the head and a cap that bolts to the top of the column. Which also means it UNbolts from the column, and I did that when I sent the head to the guy in Italy who bought it. All I have left is the big piece of aluminum that is the column, sorry.

The base did make it to Germany successfully, for those who were wondering! I wonder what the column would fetch me down at the aluminum recyclers...?

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin