Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,156   Online: 1059

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Charity 'Auction' - Agfa Speedex Jr. w/Cheddar Lens!

Fresh on the heels of the smash auction for the Isolette, we are pleased to offer for your consideration the mighty Agfa Speedex Junior with the delightfully rare and pungently cheesy Cheddar lens. Experienced collectors will know that the Cheddar is like a Tessar but with only half the number of elements and virtually none of the quality. Max aperture shames most competitors at f/11. (That was max, the min is a distinctively West Coast f/32.) Speeds range from Time to Instantaneous with no settings in between. Everything is clean and clear and fully functional, including the lens. Think of this as a 6x6 on 120 Diana without the light leaks!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, let me tell you that every penny including the cost of shipping will be passed along to Special Olympics to support their basketball program for special kids. Or you can donate directly to Special O and just send along the receipt to me as proof.

The header says 'Auction' so here's the deal. We will leave the camera up for sale until 10PM Eastern US time on Tuesday April 20th. If you are interested in it just post a response with your 'bid'. Opening bid is $3 just to keep it interesting. Minimum advance is $1. Bids must be time stamped 10:00 PM or earlier. Good luck! Just post if any questions.

Thanks everyone for the interest!

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0435.JPG   DSCF0436.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's the first bid... $3.00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean when you say "every penny including the cost of shipping will be passed along to Special Olympics to support their basketball program for special kids".
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there Fotch - Not sure I am understanding your question. Are you asking about the mechanics? If so, here's how it works: you send the money to me. I send it to Special O. Or if you would rather, send the money directly to Special O and then forward the receipt to me. Then I release the camera. Is that what you are asking about?

J

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    What do you mean when you say "every penny including the cost of shipping will be passed along to Special Olympics to support their basketball program for special kids".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $8.00

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss View Post
    Hi there Fotch - Not sure I am understanding your question. Are you asking about the mechanics? If so, here's how it works: you send the money to me. I send it to Special O. Or if you would rather, send the money directly to Special O and then forward the receipt to me. Then I release the camera. Is that what you are asking about?

J
    No, not exactly. The buyer pays the shipping and the bid price. When you send the funds to Special O, you just send the bid price? It looked like you sent the whole thing and was paying shipping out of your pocket. Just curious.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i wouldn't doubt it if jon sent the whole thing
    and shipped it from his own pocket ...

9$

Shooter
    35mm RF
    $13

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is exactly what it is. I won the other one last night and he had me donate all of it, including shipping, to Special Olympics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin