Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,998   Online: 800

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

FS X-rite densitometer model 891

I bought this thing a while ago on a whim and ended up not buying control strips. I paid $50 for it but I'm open to offers. If there's interest I can post pictures but it's not terribly interesting. It comes with power cable and calibration strip as well as an old C41 reference strip that nobody bothered to throw out. It's one of those automated minilab models capable of reading a wide number of commercial control strips through transmission and reflection. Just thought I'd put that out there.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    does it read negatives like regular densitometers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.xrite.com/documents/manua..._Manual_en.pdf

It is said to be both reflection and transmission but it also looks like making a standard H&D curve with that might be a chore.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's automated. It's designed for checking a standardized color process (generally RA4 or C41) with control strips and monitoring changes over time. You might be able to jury-rig the thing to do something else if you really wanted to. A strip feeds in the front using guides to line it up with the sensor and a motor feeds it through.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin