Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Since there is some question, auctions in the classifieds aren't forbidden, but we don't have a formal auction system set up, and people who buy things on the APUG classifieds aren't accustomed to this sort of arrangement, so even if it's allowed, it's probably not a good strategy.

I think BarryS has the right idea--ask what you think it's worth, but state that you're willing to accept offers.

What we do discourage is using the APUG classifieds to promote auctions on other sites, like eBay, without first offering the item to APUG members directly for at least a few days and ideally a week or more before listing on an auction site.

What is forbidden entirely is promoting one's own eBay auctions outside the classifieds.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobizzz View Post
    Well I just finished my project 4X5. The camera was completely dis-assembled, hand sanded, two coats of Minwax mahogany stain, two coats of Minwax polyurethane with hand sanding between coats. All hardware was hand polished and is nickel coated brass. The camera has new bellows installed that were lengthened from the original bellows which were around 350mm to 500mm. Some screws were replaced with brass screws. The bellows was sealed at both ends with black silicone between the bellows and the wood and over the fasteners that hold the bellows on to insure a light tight setup.

I have installed a cold shoe and dual axis level, the two brackets that once held a handle are installed but I did not install a new handle, I will leave that up to you if you wish.

Five lens boards are included, I made a slight mistake when ordering them and they are currently 90X96mm, they should be 96X96mm but they will work as they are. They have been stained to match the camera and there are two with Copal 0, one Copal 1, and two blank. They are recessed on the rear to allow for a retaining ring and the blank ones would be perfect for mounting a flange for that Euryscop you have laying around.

The spring back is in great condition and can be rotated to the vertical position. The ground glass is very nice and has a 1/2" grid (12mm) with clipped corners for ease of focusing. The camera has geared front rise, front swing, front tilt. The rear is geared tilt only. The focus rail is geared and an extension is included. The camera will fold up to a pretty small package (see photo) but enough rail is included to extended all the way out to 500mm of bellows draw.

I am really unsure what to ask for this beautiful camera and you are not likely to find one in this condition. I will start it at $1 and let the "auction" run for three days. At the end of that time I will sell to the highest bidder as long as it is not $10...

Shipping is actual and the camera with packing will be about 10lbs. Unfortunately it will not fit in a large USPS Flat Rate box.

I have to say the reserve on this camera is $150, I have to at least get my investment back out of it but I have spent at least 20 hours on this beautiful piece of history.

Good luck!

The other 10 photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3855704...7623947536662/
    If I had the money I would buy this set-up. I think it should have been posted for at least $200 to start. you can always come down on price. For what you are offering, well worth the money.
    Come on people-- support a guy that is out there defending our freedom to pursue happiness.
    BTW- Colin, your refinishing skills are exceptional.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok guys, I get it. I personally do think it is worth about $300, and would like to get $350. I honestly always know what my items are worth but with this one I paid $65 for it. It wasn't in trashy shape but it was scratched, dull hardware, and home made bellows that where a light green. I do have a few photos I tool that were to help me put it back together, check them out...

I will change the price to $300, and I a can always go down.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey, Looks great. Have you actually shot any photos with this camera to test out for light leaks? I may be interested and bid to remove all the argument about starting bid/opening bid/reserve price. Will be waiting for your reply.

Again, this looks great.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lyle I have not shot with it, I just finished it last night but there is no way it has any light leaks. The bellows are brand new and I did a test in my dark room with a super bright led flashlight to make sure. I think I already have a buyer at my asking price. Thanks!
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    4x5 Format

quick question..

Quote Originally Posted by photobizzz View Post
    Lyle I have not shot with it, I just finished it last night but there is no way it has any light leaks. The bellows are brand new and I did a test in my dark room with a super bright led flashlight to make sure. I think I already have a buyer at my asking price. Thanks!

Great looking camera. I was wondering if it can be closed all the way for backpacking etc? Of course, not with a lens attached! I've had some great bellows that just won't compress enough to allow one of the wood field-cameras I have to be fully closed. Is this an issue with your Gundlach?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope, the bellows are just short enough to allow the track to fold up. The camera is now sold to APUG member "ChrisM" thanks Chris, I hope you enjoy it !
    ~Horace~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin