Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,632   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A few years back on the APUG classifieds there was a place in the add that allowed the buyer to give feedback. It gave information about the buyer, etc. Now the "ads" just look like a regular forum post. I made some terrific purchases awhile ago and was more than happy with everyone I dealt with. Most everything listed here is priced as if the owner was selling it to a friend and that's nice to see these days- worth the price of a subscription alone!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    35mm
    I personally don't need a feedback forum; although we are a very large forum there seems to be a relatively small amount of people that regularly use the classifieds so I haven't found a need for a "reference" before purchasing an item, most everyone here has been on the forum longer than me and is super nice so I am never hesitant to make a purchase. Likewise I have not had anyone ask me for a reference before buying from me so I am not complaining that there isn't a feedback forum or thread - just putting out the idea of how to make one if it is needed.

Anyway it will ultimately be up to a moderator to make the decision.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the old classifieds area was free standing and
    sellers had a profile.
    there was just a quick+dirty 1 (bad) - 5(good) and quick sentence describing the transaction.
    AND if things were "fixed" at a later date the feedback could be " updated " ...
    it doesn't seem like something moderators need to be involved with
    ( they and sean are busy enough keeping this place running problem free ) ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-30-2010 at 07:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dunno man... seems a bit scary/fascist - i.e. - people getting into fights in forums and claiming they bought something from someone and had a bad experience as retribution, etc... seems the potential for corrupt behaviour is a bit high. What's wrong with just sending the item back if one's unhappy with it? Or is the fear more about sending something out and not receiving payment for it...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems like it would be a good idea just to have a standard APUG seller/buyer policy that would ensure that people can return things they don't like, or don't feel are up-to-snuff..(?). Perhaps? That way - if there's a standard agreement - there's not much room for quibbling...(?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I dunno man... seems a bit scary/fascist - i.e. - people getting into fights in forums and claiming they bought something from someone and had a bad experience as retribution, etc... seems the potential for corrupt behaviour is a bit high. What's wrong with just sending the item back if one's unhappy with it? Or is the fear more about sending something out and not receiving payment for it...?

huh, i didn't see it like that jon -
    i thought the feedback systems were just
    to give people an idea of who they are buying from ....

the old system allowed only the person who made the
    transaction/s make the comment.

not sure how that is fascist or scary ...

Seems like it would be a good idea just to have a standard APUG seller/buyer policy that would ensure that people can return things they don't like, or don't feel are up-to-snuff..(?). Perhaps? That way - if there's a standard agreement - there's not much room for quibbling...(?)

your idea is a good one, standard agreement

but then again, some people can get really nasty when you ask to return something ... how would such an agreement be enforced ??
    an ombudsman ?
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-30-2010 at 07:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Well...

I could see where the old system might be abused buy other people...
    but certainly not by us! Is this not APUG?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is just as ez for a seller to verbally abuse a buyer
    knowing there is no way that anyone will know about it ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just thought I'd add my two cents.

Dan Krebs of recent forum thread fame is pulling double duty!
    Not only is he reputed to be a good seller, but I can confirm he's a damn fine buyer too. Friendly emails and prompt payment made our recent transaction a pleasure to complete.
    If Ebay had more people like Dan, it could suck a lot less.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always had good experiences dealing with people from here through the classified section. I've only purchased small things - negative carriers, film backs, etc., but have always been pleased - I even received a free Agfa isolette once.

eB*y is another matter but as long as you stick to the sellers who post copious amounts of photos and describe the mechanical workings of the equipment down to the smallest detail you should be fine. I've only ever been ripped off buying audio gear from there - most camera/lens listings are pretty easy to read...and if they aren't I stay away.
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin