Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,703   Posts: 1,548,471   Online: 869

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

WTS: Durst 138S complete(lenses/holders/easels/enlarging meter)

This was bought a little over half a year ago from a really nice older gentlemen who used to work for the NY MoMa(? believe it was this one, one of the major NY museums...) as one of their documentary photographers.

It's a beautiful enlarger, but I haven't had the time to use it much as an architecture master's student, thinking about selling this and buying a cheaper/smaller setup to make my wife happy. Also it's taking up our 2nd bathroom and we'd like something that could fit through the door without having to be disassembled.

However, I don't have to part ways with it, so only looking to sell if I can recoup what I paid for it (admittedly, a lot, but it's in PRISTINE condition) he was asking 4k for the whole setup, but held it for me when I offered him lower than that. supposedly he had offers from NY to buy it and after I showed up in his finished basement darkroom and saw everything, I believed the offers were legit.

What is for sale:

Durst 138S fully functioning with:
    -Omega Superchromega Dichroic Head (includes both a more efficient 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 condenser as well as the large format condenser)
    -Durst 35mm, 6x6cm, 6x7cm, 4x5cm, and 2 anti-newton ring glass negative (both glasses were wrapped, brand new when I bought them) holders
    -Complete lineup of Schneider-Kreuznach Componon lenses:
    f/4 50mm
    f/5.6 80mm
    f/5.6 135mm
    f/5.6 150mm
    f/5.6 180mm

2. Beseler Adjustomatic 16"x20" enlarging easel: older model

3. Saunders borderless easel, looks like the same size as above but think it can handle 20x24.

4. Omega Chromegatron spectrum analyzer.

Now for the bad part... $2500: however I really do believe this is all worth it given the amazing condition this stuff is in. I will borrow my neighbors DSLR and get some photos up here asap. This is not the beater that was kept in someones garage/barn for 30 years, but by a former pro photographer who retired and then bought all this stuff and babied it as he grew into retirement.

more in a separate post...

again, photos to come shortly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    from left to right:
    1. enlarger in my tiny 2nd bathroom
    2. 3 turret, with 2 of the lenses mounted
    3. range of schneider componon lenses
    4. different neg holders
    5. spectrum analyzer/3(there was another brand new one wrapped up I hadn't noticed) newton glass plates/different instruction manuals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi, Watanabe!

Nice enlarger! Is that a 4x5 omega color head or the 5x7?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi, thanks, it may turn out we are moving into a larger place with a basement, in which case I would be able to keep this and still stay married.

But just in case, to answer your question, it is a 4x5 color head as far as I can tell, the collector/condensor bit in it is 4x5 anyways.

Shooter
    Large Format
    That omega color head does not have a condenser, just a mixing box. If you want to do 5x7 I have an E series superchromega ii head which uses the same power supply as your 4x5 head. I also have an extra Durst condenser head with lamp (minus condensers) for your enlarger which would be the ticket if you're using it for b/w. PM me if you're interested. Thanks and good luck.

p.s. If space is an issue you can wall mount this enlarger. Again, PM me for details...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    If you want to do 5x7 I have an E series superchromega ii head which uses the same power supply as your 4x5 head. I also have an extra Durst condenser head with lamp (minus condensers) for your enlarger which would be the ticket if you're using it for b/w. PM me if you're interested. Thanks and good luck.

p.s. If space is an issue you can wall mount this enlarger. Again, PM me for details...
    A while back Curt was looking for a 5x7 head: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/6...ht-source.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks IC! I'll drop Curt a line. BTW...I'm currently putting together a durst wall-mount/bench-mount for the 138 and 184 column (good friend is an engineer who works with CADD in a state of the art machine shop) - it will be an improved, heavy duty version of the extra rare durst bench mount (cast aluminum). My design has two groups of set screws enabling precise alignment of the column to your projection bench. Slotted holes provide 1-1/2" of movement to and from the wall for ease of installation and that extra bit of room along the y axis for mural enlargements. Plans are to make a few more than I need.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have for sale last ever made 9 brand new DURST L184 enlargers with full accessories in factory packing.

2 pcs - HL2501AF enlargers in perfect and mint condition. All accessories. Fully packed.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Durst 184

PM sent on that

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Lavrenchuk View Post
    Have for sale last ever made 9 brand new DURST L184 enlargers with full accessories in factory packing.

2 pcs - HL2501AF enlargers in perfect and mint condition. All accessories. Fully packed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Serg Lavrenchuk View Post

Wow. Where did you find those?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin