Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,899   Online: 941

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Charity 'Auction' - Goerz Dagor 5 Inch f/6.8 Lens!

I thought we'd take things up a notch here and offer an upscale piece of vintage photographica. This is a genuine Goerz Dagor in a Compound shutter. Glass is simply sparkling. It is difficult to imagine that it is coming up on 100 years old. Diaphragm operates smoothly and easily. Diaphragm leaves are fresh and unblemished. B setting works perfectly, as does T. All other speeds run at the same 1/60 or so. This would be a killer choice for a 2x3 Graflex SLR because you can easily see the aperture readout from the front of the camera. If you have a Graflex with the typical Kodak Anastigmat you know that it can be darn near impossible to see which aperture has been chosen! Set it to 'T', put it on your Graflex using the included flange, and off you go.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, let me tell you that every penny including the cost of shipping will be passed along to Special Olympics to support their basketball program for special kids. Or you can donate directly to Special O and just send along the receipt to me as proof.

The header says 'Auction' so here's the deal. We will leave the camera up for sale until 10PM Eastern US time on Monday May 3rd. If you are interested in it just post a response with your 'bid'. Opening bid is $5 just to keep it interesting. Minimum advance is $1. Bids must be time stamped 10:00 PM or earlier on the 3rd. Good luck! Just post if any questions.

Thanks everyone for the interest!

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0474.JPG  
    Last edited by jon koss; 05-02-2010 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    First bid, $10..
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    $20

Shooter
    35mm
    Guess I forgot to bid again, if it isn't too late I will bid $25...if not I guess fotoguy got it

I forgot since I live in AK and it is only 827pm here, lol stupid time difference
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the support, Fotoguy20d! The funds will go to a good cause. I will send a PM on Tuesday May 4. Sorry that the time snuck by, photobizzz. That has happened to me on the big auction site also!

Best to all,
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin