Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,264   Posts: 1,680,777   Online: 796

Shooter
    Large Format

Kodak Rapid Color Processor - 11x14

Got this along with a bunch of other darkroom equipment I bought, but as I cheat and do color work using hybrid processes I have no need for it.

For those who don't know what this is, from what I understand it's a way to develop up to 11x14" color prints using minimal solutions, I have an instruction manual that goes along with it if your interested.

A quick ebay search found on for sale for $90, down from 120. If anyone wants it I'll sell it for $40 + actual shipping costs, its a bit heavy though so be prepared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails misc-12.jpg   misc-13.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't that a processor for what was then called "Stabilization Prints" ? Back in the days before good RC prints and large-sized Polaroids, Kodak developed a paper that contained developer and a stabilizing agent. The print was exposed in the darkroom, processed quickly, and could remain stable for a given period of time. Afterwards, the print could be fixed if permanence was necessary, or could go to the trashcan of history.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had one of those in a job lot of darkroom kit, I don't think there's any modern use for it as Michel says.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will only handle 8x10 prints and the special chemistry is no longer available.

IDK how RA4 would work with this, but I suspect you would have problems.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the heads up, looking for a way to delete the thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin