Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,158   Online: 784

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad 500c with 80mm Planar

I am not a Hassie person, so here is the back story. This was owned by a pro photographer. It has been in storage for some time. It appears to have been well cared for. Cosmetically, it is in very nice condition. Body covering is all intact and tight. Mechanically, all seems to work properly. Speeds seem OK, but not machine tested. Film back and insert have matching serial #'s. New light trap. The only issue that I am aware of is that the lens front element has some scratches. I doubt if this has any effect on the images. Maybe shooting into a light source would cause flare, but not sure about that. According to the serial #'s, body and back are of 1969 mfg. I will include a magnifying chimney finder (KEH UGLY!). I bought this kit for resale, not something I normally do. I'm tempted to keep it, but have too much gear already. $550, includes insured shipping and PP fees, to the U.S. lower 48 states. Others email for a quote. I will try and answer any questions. Larger, higher res pics are available. Donation to APUG.
    Thanks for looking,
    Gerry

I forgot to add, that it also includes an original strap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0034.jpg   _DSC0017.jpg   _DSC0019.jpg   _DSC0020.jpg   _DSC0033.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, your H'blad has the A12 back, as opposed to the "C" back that was typical with the 500C. That's a good thing.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    FWIW, your H'blad has the A12 back, as opposed to the "C" back that was typical with the 500C. That's a good thing.
    As you can probably tell, I don't know Hasselblads from Hershey bars.:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oopps, Sorry!
    Last edited by Maretzo; 05-13-2010 at 10:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maretzo View Post
    It is a C lens, probably not coated (T*).
    I would recommend to order one from Keh.com. For barely more expensive, you could get a tested and guaranteed one, with CF lens.
    Thanks for your positive (:rolleyes input. I believe the subject was the film back, not the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the same configuration from KEH - in "bargain" condition - is $642 shipped to me in MN. Add $12 (KEH price) for the finder. The one for sale above appears better than what KEH describes as "bargain" condition (though many have had very good luck with KEH bargain items).

For the configuration with CF T* lens as Maretzo mentions, the KEH price in bargain condition goes up about $100. So about $200 more than this seller is asking. I'm not sure that $750 vs. $550 is "barely". YMMV.

BTW, I don't believe that KEH offers a guarantee (let me know if I'm wrong on this); they do offer a liberal return policy.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    BTW, I don't believe that KEH offers a guarantee (let me know if I'm wrong on this); they do offer a liberal return policy.
    Keh does offer 60 day warranty on used equipment.

Marty

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now this is tempting. Add a 150mm chrome Sonnar and you've got an awesome kit. Gerry, how much for shipping to Ukraine with USPS (can do First-Class)? How many percent % to apug and paypal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marduk View Post
    Now this is tempting. Add a 150mm chrome Sonnar and you've got an awesome kit. Gerry, how much for shipping to Ukraine with USPS (can do First-Class)? How many percent % to apug and paypal?
    Sent you a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    **PRICE REDUCED**Now $450**Tested w/film**
    Now: $450 + shipping, with PP "Gift"". To the US lower 48. Elsewhere, contact for quote. I just ran the first roll thru this. No light leaks, no film spacing issues and images are great. All works well. Image sample available.
    Last edited by Gerry M; 05-17-2010 at 12:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin