Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,728   Online: 1058

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Zeiss "wartime" Sonnar 1.5/5cm LTM

Zeiss built very few lenses with Leica thread mount, only during WW2, and only for the german forces. Henri Cartier-Bresson reportedly used such a lens for several years.

Please, have a look at the photos. The serial number and engraving indicate this is an original. The coating is blotchy, and there is some dust inside. Mechanics are perfect, the aperture and focussing rings work smoother than those of my newer Leica lenses. I had this lens CLA'd about 1 year ago and hardly ever used it. As you can see I added a 40.5mm Voigtländer UV filter and a vented hood.

Results are typical for a lens of that age, a bit soft, but very impressive. It seems as if the blotchy coating did not change that.

Price: 430 USD or 350 Euros.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CM_5cm-1.jpg   CM_5cm-7.jpg   CM_5cm-3.jpg   CM_5cm-4.jpg   CM_5cm-6.jpg  

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    SOLD!
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin