Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,204   Online: 864

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Caltar 90mm WII f/8

This is the calumet badged Scheider Super Angulon. Perfect glass and accurate copal #0 shutter, it was rarely used. Comes in hard case (w/out board or release). $250 Paypaled and shipped, Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi.

Do you have the coverage numbers for this? A S/N or date of manufacture would also be helpful and maybe allow me to make sense of the whole Caltar / Rodenstock / Schneider "who-built-it?" confusion.

After a little more searching, I found this post. Does this sound right? (From a post on Largeformatfphotography.com )

It's definitely made by Schneider and is an OEM version of the 90mm f8 Super Angulon. It was made between 1976 and 1983. Unfortunately, Schneider did not engrave the lenses they made for Calumet with serial numbers. So, it's impossible to get a more definitive date. Very early (1976 through mid-1978) samples are single coated. Later samples are multicoated, and clearly labled "Multicoating" around the front element. Specs are identical to the 90mm f8 Super Angulon (216mm image circle at f22, 67mm filters, etc.)
    I'm looking to make a Poor Man's 6x17, so 200mm+ is more than enough coverage.

Thanks!

-Greg
    Flee, puny digicams, flee for your life!
    The mighty Bronicasaurus can smell your fear! ROAAARRR!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    LF photo site has extensive lists on lens specs. http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lenses/
    I have the Schneider version of this lens and it's a great piece of glass. I don't see why the Caltar version would be any different. It will cover 5x7 with minimal movements. Enjoy! =D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin