Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,957   Online: 711

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Random Film Gear (Nikon! Olympus XA1! Petri! Flashes!)

In the last three years that I've been shooting film, I've collected an enormous amount of film gear... most of which is just taking up space. I'm trying to consolidate all my stuff into Nikon (in 35mm at least) and really have no need for this stuff anymore.

I don't really expect to make any money off this junk, I just need it out of here.

Petri FT 1000 - $15

I bought this from my high school last year with my darkroom setup. It's in very good shape except for some scratches on the side (probably deliberate). I have no idea what it's worth, so feel free to make an offer. It takes m42 screwmount lenses - I have two of them that I will list separately, but if you want them, you can have the whole kit for $30.

Petri 55mm f/1.8 - $10

It feels cheap, but it's just like it came fresh from the factory. No scratches or haze, fairly sharp.

Carenar 135 f/2.8 - $10

I like this lens. It focuses surprisingly closely for a 135mm lens and is pretty sharp. I shot this with it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyman/3366318855/.

Minolta Auto 118x Flash - $5

It's tiny, but it does have two auto modes that work well in addition to manual mode. Doesn't make much light, but it's pretty small and fits in my pocket without a problem.

Nikkor-H 28mm f/3.5 (AI converted) - $35

I got burned when I bought this - I paid $60 for it, listed in "mint" condition. It does have a few cleaning scratches on the front element and maybe one on the rear element. It does a nice job though, but f/3.5 is just useless for what I need. It has been AI converted, I believe by Nikon, and works fine one every camera I ever mounted it on.

Nikon n65 with MB-17 Battery Grip - $40

I bought this at a pawn shop (I was desperate) when I was first getting into film. It did a good job for me, but I don't ever use it anymore. The battery grip is actually very nice - it saves on those stupid lithium batteries. It's in good condition except for the plastic protection plate above the top LCD. Accidentally broke that when I stored it inside my saxophone case - saxophone bounced against it and cracked it. It has a few scratches, but it's in very good operating condition and makes a good backup body if you need a modern AF Nikon body.

Vivitar Auto 30D Dedicated - $10

It's a simple flash, no frills, no head rotation, but it makes a lot of light. It's in good shape, I've only used it a couple times.

Olympus XA1 - $10

I found this. I can't even remember where, but I've done some good stuff with it. It isn't the fantastic XA of legend, but it's super simple, no batteries or anything. The lens is the same supersharp piece of glass of it's bigger brother, though.

A portion of all collected money will be given to APUG. I hope some of this stuff's of use to someone. And all the prices are negotiable... I'm not exactly sure what everything is worth. I'll ship the stuff anywhere in the world, just let me know where you are and I'll give you a shipping quote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

xa1 please..thx

Will take the xa1..thanks! Steve Harris

Quote Originally Posted by kuyman View Post
    In the last three years that I've been shooting film, I've collected an enormous amount of film gear... most of which is just taking up space. I'm trying to consolidate all my stuff into Nikon (in 35mm at least) and really have no need for this stuff anymore.

I don't really expect to make any money off this junk, I just need it out of here.

Petri FT 1000 - $15

I bought this from my high school last year with my darkroom setup. It's in very good shape except for some scratches on the side (probably deliberate). I have no idea what it's worth, so feel free to make an offer. It takes m42 screwmount lenses - I have two of them that I will list separately, but if you want them, you can have the whole kit for $30.

Petri 55mm f/1.8 - $10

It feels cheap, but it's just like it came fresh from the factory. No scratches or haze, fairly sharp.

Carenar 135 f/2.8 - $10

I like this lens. It focuses surprisingly closely for a 135mm lens and is pretty sharp. I shot this with it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuyman/3366318855/.

Minolta Auto 118x Flash - $5

It's tiny, but it does have two auto modes that work well in addition to manual mode. Doesn't make much light, but it's pretty small and fits in my pocket without a problem.

Nikkor-H 28mm f/3.5 (AI converted) - $35

I got burned when I bought this - I paid $60 for it, listed in "mint" condition. It does have a few cleaning scratches on the front element and maybe one on the rear element. It does a nice job though, but f/3.5 is just useless for what I need. It has been AI converted, I believe by Nikon, and works fine one every camera I ever mounted it on.

Nikon n65 with MB-17 Battery Grip - $40

I bought this at a pawn shop (I was desperate) when I was first getting into film. It did a good job for me, but I don't ever use it anymore. The battery grip is actually very nice - it saves on those stupid lithium batteries. It's in good condition except for the plastic protection plate above the top LCD. Accidentally broke that when I stored it inside my saxophone case - saxophone bounced against it and cracked it. It has a few scratches, but it's in very good operating condition and makes a good backup body if you need a modern AF Nikon body.

Vivitar Auto 30D Dedicated - $10

It's a simple flash, no frills, no head rotation, but it makes a lot of light. It's in good shape, I've only used it a couple times.

Olympus XA1 - $10

I found this. I can't even remember where, but I've done some good stuff with it. It isn't the fantastic XA of legend, but it's super simple, no batteries or anything. The lens is the same supersharp piece of glass of it's bigger brother, though.

A portion of all collected money will be given to APUG. I hope some of this stuff's of use to someone. And all the prices are negotiable... I'm not exactly sure what everything is worth. I'll ship the stuff anywhere in the world, just let me know where you are and I'll give you a shipping quote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Xa1 was a missed opportunity. Damn, oh well.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alright, the XA1 is sold! Thanks for all the attention, guys.

Shooter
    35mm
    you should of done some research before selling your XA1 for 10$, thats like 4 pound. they go for £50 plus on ebay. thats like $100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    do you still have the xa1?
    Thanks,
    Angus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The XA1 and the XA are different cameras. The XA1 is fixed focus, has the 35/4 lens (over the XA's 35/2.8), automatic exposure (no manual input), and only film speed settings of 100 and 400. Unless things have changed a lot since I was looking at them, an XA1's not worth a hundred bucks unless you accidentally buy it over a real XA.
    Still a fun camera and a pretty good price here, though.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, the XA-1's certainly not worth anything close to $100, at least not here in the United States. Despite being an excellent snapshot camera, it's not... at all versatile or user though intensive. Anyway, it's sold now... sorry!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

think oly trip

It really is a lot more like the oly trip - only with a built in case. Selenium cell, really wide lens. Nothing to set or focus. But nice lens for street; point and shoot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hot on the heels of a mint condition Olympus XA locally going for $10 (!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin