Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1042

Shooter
    35mm

FS/FT: 18" Wollensak Projection Focus Lens - Petzval?

I got this lens in a trade for a spot attachment here on APUG, the size means I will most likely not get around to mounting or using it. The glass is clean, some haze inside but not much. I was unsucessful at getting the threaded rings out as my spanner wrench will not go wide enough to get a good grip on the notches. If someone has a big one they should be able to get it open.

One end of the lens (cant really say if it is front or rear) has some messed up threads but they are not too bad and I think that the ring that holds the element will still come out. The same end with the buggered threads has one small 1mm mark on the glass you can barely feel with your fingernail, nothing that would affect photographs though.

This lens is really big, it is 108mm long and 103mm wide on the outside of the metal housing, the glass elements on both ends look identical and are 97.71mm wide. There is no way for a flange to be attached, I was thinking of using a large piece of PVC pipe to slide the lens into or maybe using a really large hose clamp (like used on a radiator hose on your car) to secure it. The lens weighs approximately 3.5lbs but that is a guess, maybe a little less.

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure, I am open to offers for this lens as I have no way of finding a value for it. The only writing on the lens is engraved and says: "18" FOCUS PROJECTION LENS, WOLLENSAK ROCHESTER USA"

Please feel free to offer something in trade if you are interested, would be open to some 4X5, 5X7, or 8X10 film - also need a 645 negative carrier for my Beseler 45MXT enlarger. Or anything else LF photography related, another lens would also be cool, barrel or with shutter.

More photos here: 18" Wollensak Set
    Last edited by photobizzz; 05-20-2010 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    No takers for this beast? Trades welcome...
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Trade pending on LFF
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin