Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,008   Online: 732

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    daniel, i want you to know you are making my life very difficult right now, lol. if my only LF lens wasnt a 75 which wont work on this camera i wouldve snatched it up already.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    What is the weight? Would it fit in a large USPS box (12" x 12" x 5 1/2") with a 20lb max?
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey everyone,

kevin: no, it won't fit in a 12x12 box, the rail is too long. I have it packed up(everything separated and individually bubble-wrapped) in a 24"(L)X 17"(W)X13"(H) box. This is small enough to keep the shipping cost down, but big enough to allow sufficient padding(newspaper crumpled up tightly) so nothing is rubbing up against each other. The g/g back is packaged separately as well.

Richard: the rail IIRC(camera is already boxed up and ready to rock) is about 20" long, so I'd say extension is in the 18"-19" range or so. Never measured it exactly though. There are extension rails available for this camera as well(not by me however) that will allow more extension.

Kauffman: sorry, if I had another lens in the 150-210mm range, I'd make a nice package price for ya , if you were interested.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bumpety bump bump

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Would this just be good for studio? Mainly how portable is it?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't fold up as small as the field cameras of course, but I use my Toyo rail camera in the field all the time.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks

Daniel is this still available?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, I'm keeping it for now. I have a portrait project that I can use it on this fall.

I might re-list it later this year. stay tuned

-Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin