Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,966   Online: 786

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

SOLD ---- FS - B&L Brass Lens

SOLD

Ok, I admit it. It was a dumb thing to do. The guy said it was a 2 3/4" inch lens and I thought he meant 2 3/4" tall based on his other listings. I sent a message but he didn't respond in time, and I bid anyway. He meant the rear element was 2 3/4" wide apparently, not including the flange... The photos are from the original listing. Seward's Folly bought us Alaska, mine bought this bruiser.

Now I have this rather large lens by my standards, with it's flange that measures nearly 4" across in total. Too big and heavy for my Wisner 4x5 with 4" boards. I held it up to the Wisner and it easily covers 4x5, 12" focal length or so, but I don't currently have a larger camera to see what else it might cover. I suspect it would do 8x10. I believe it is a triplet lens based on what Jim Galli told me and the reflections in the glass.

I'm not going to admit how much I paid for this but it was more than I'm selling it for... $50, shipping included just to get my folly out the door, paypal fees, if any, to the buyer.

Cheers, Richard

Last edited by rrankin; 06-01-2010 at 03:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sold over on LFF

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin