Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,177   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bessa R2A + rapid winder + lenses (Australia)

Voigtlander Bessa R2A Body (Gray) – Serial #0007298
    -With original box
    -With Body cap and strap
    -With original manual, Australian warranty card, and local receipt for purchase
    Works perfectly, the usual body scuffs and scratches. Fresh batteries. Has worked without missing a beat for 2 years. A wonderful camera.

Rapid winder – Serial #00000658
    -The previous owner scuffed the Voigtlander logo off of the front, presumably so as not to attract attention?
    Works perfectly. Really really fun to use, the extra grip helps aid camera stability, and the extra strap lugs means it can be hung around your neck vertically.

Jupiter 3, 50mm f/1.5 lens – Serial #730776
    -Chrome finish
    -Front and back caps
    -Plastic lens case
    -M39 to Leica M Adapter
    I'm well aware these are perfectly common on eBay, but how many of those are actually good examples, and will even couple with your rangefinder properly? I've used this one, shot it wide open, and it focuses accurately. I've had lovely results. I used to use it when I went to the pub with friends, HP5+ at 1600EI, when I needed a bit more speed over my old Canon 50/1.8.
    Slightly stiff focus at points, but nothing that's ever inhibited me. Get the helical relubricated with your local guy if it bothers you.

Jupiter 9, 85mm f/2.0 lens – Serial #7702579
    -Black finish
    -Front and back caps
    -Plastic lens case
    -M39 to Leica M Adapter
    A fast portrait lens! Use the 90mm framelines on the Bessa and shoot away. Again, couples to the rangefinder properly and gives good results. It's even quite nice in colour.
    Again slightly stiff focus at points, it must be the russian grease.

Extras:
    -3 rolls of film to get you started
    -40.5>52mm filter step up ring
    -49>52mm filter step up ring

This is my favorite kit. I used to have a Voigtlander 35/1.7 as well but I barely ever used it, it got sold a while ago. I know people are skeptical of Russian rangefinder lenses, but I've used both of these examples and found them more than satisfactory. The body is in good condition considering all the weird places I dragged it. Your usual scuffs but nothing functionally wrong with the camera.

Reason for sale? I need to finance my final semester of art school and the expenses involved in making work for a graduate exhibition. I'm moving back to a Nikon FM2n.

$720AUD including Australia wide postage, for everything. Bank transfer preferred. PM me with questions or comments. Happy to mail internationally if you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1474.JPG   IMG_1482.JPG   IMG_1528.JPG  
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am sort of interested....do you have a price for the Bessa and Rapid Winder without the fsu lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Without the FSU lenses I'd take $600AUD. The current price for a R2A + Rapid Winder new, from Mainline Photo, would be $1,240AUD...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested in the Jupiter 9... $75 plus postage sound good?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take that on the Jupiter 9, $75+postage is reasonable, and actually not too painfully below what I paid for it originally. PM me with your address and we'll hash it out.

EDIT, for new pricing:

R2A+Trigger Winder: $560 inc. postage
    Jupiter 3, 50/1.5: $95+postage
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 06-04-2010 at 06:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sale on the rest of the kit is currently pending.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Oh good. That Jupiter 3 was tempting though I'm already over budget this month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SOLD! To a very polite chap in Sydney.
    Thanks for all the interest, I'll probably have more stuff up for sale in the next week.
    Blog thing!.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin