Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,689   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are two ways, the second of which you will need when the first one doesn't help.

If the problem isn't too bad, using the lens a lot, giving the moving parts some exercise, helps work the grease into a better state (or rather: loose) and frees the lens.
    The second one is to have the lens serviced, the old grease removed, the mechanics cleaned, and relubed.
    If the first method works, it will still be necessary to send the lens in for a CLA sooner or later.

But if the focusing mount is so stiff that it will not move at all, there's no way you could get away using method 1. The problem may be more than just stiff grease. Metal chafings in the thread. Possibly a damaged thread too...
    So i'm afraid it sound like your lens needs a repair shop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    There are two ways, the second of which you will need when the first one doesn't help.

If the problem isn't too bad, using the lens a lot, giving the moving parts some exercise, helps work the grease into a better state (or rather: loose) and frees the lens.
    The second one is to have the lens serviced, the old grease removed, the mechanics cleaned, and relubed.
    If the first method works, it will still be necessary to send the lens in for a CLA sooner or later.

But if the focusing mount is so stiff that it will not move at all, there's no way you could get away using method 1. The problem may be more than just stiff grease. Metal chafings in the thread. Possibly a damaged thread too...
    So i'm afraid it sound like your lens needs a repair shop.
    It is not moving at all, so i think that grease is dead or gone, so i will try again with my hands if it can move even slightly but without rough so not going to damage it, if not moving then yes, send it to service.

Thank you very much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tereq,
    first rule..
    never force anything on a camera.
    but you knew that

The 150 is the sharpest "C" lens I own at the moment.
    It is also a non "T" version so if a deal comes on one they are generally a good bit cheaper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin