Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,704   Online: 943

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Bottom Feeder Friday? Lenses

I'm still clearing out some stuff and I have 3 lenses to go this week. I've suddenly got far too many lenses in roughly the same focal length, so out they go. As usual, USPS money order or Paypal with fees to the buyer. Cheers, Richard

1) A Wray brass 6 1/2 x 5 lens, RR, I think. Focal length about 8 1/2". There is a flange you can have with it but the flange is super-glued to a 4x4 board. I think the board fits a Calumet C440/401 and it fits my Wisner 4x5, probably more as well. This was the first brass lens I ever bought, a decade or so ago. The glass is good and it takes great photos. I'm not sure of the coverage beyond the stated 6 1/2 x 5 because I only ever used it on 4x5. Serial # 4499. Fits on a 4x4 board and uses a hole slightly smaller than a copal 3. If you check the VM p329, you'll see that it says Wray products of this period are not common. Price $125 delivered in the USA.

2) SOLD
    A Bausch & Lomb Tessar 1C (VM pages 30,31). An f4.5, 8 1/4" focal length. Gorgeous image on the ground glass. Comes with a nice lined brass cap. B&L recommended 5.5" for 4x5 in that series , so this coverage should be greater than that, but I don't know if it will cover 8x10. Price $100 delivered in the USA.

3) I'll call this one 'the tube'. No idea where it came from or why I kept it. No manufacturers marks. It has 2 rattly pieces of glass in the front element. The flange unscrews and the rear element is on that, and seems to be a single piece of glass. This has a rear focal length of around 7" somewhere but should be considered an 'artistic experiment', not a serious lens. Approx 50mm wide, flange abut 75mm wide, height about 80mm. Price? Make me an offer... but you buy it, you got it. This one is yours...

Last edited by rrankin; 06-04-2010 at 06:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    That Wray lens is a pretty little thing but my 6yo decided he needed a root canal and two crowns, $800 later I have no money for lenses...darn kids and darn bad teeth, how does a 6yo need a root canal? He brushes his teeth religiously, I blame it on my wife's genes...
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #2, B&L sold pending payment over on LFF

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent on Wray 6 1/2 x 5 brass RR lens

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #1, Wray lens, sold!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Wray lens arrived, very nice!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 'tube' is currently off to the hospital and no longer available. I'll re-list it when I get it back. cheers, Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin