Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,636   Online: 1134

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Al-Vista 5B with Film! Poor Man's Cirkut Camera!

I have lots of pictures so it'll take 2 posts to include most of them.

This is a complete Al Vista 5B. I could use it this afternoon!

When's the last time you ever even got to see pictures of one of these??

It's light as a feather and it runs perfectly!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It has 2 little issues to mention. A wee hole in the bellows. Just needs a bit of black tape at the back, or do it right with a tiny piece of kid leather glued at the back as a patch. DO NOT replace the bellows. It's almost perfect and does not need replacing.

The other item is the bit of first surface mirror inside the finder is loose and rattling around in there. Easily re-glued.

I'm including 700 feet of Kodak Aerial Recon Dupe film. The dupe film as an orthochromatic slow (very slow, like asa1 1/2) film very similar to what would have been shot in this camera when it was new. See my Rodinol developer with retrainers for working with ortho films.

This makes 5" X up to 12" panoramas of about 130 degrees. You can put enough film inside for 4 12" pictures. There is a little pin prick that tells you where the end of each exposure is.

DO NOT MISS this for $450 because they are like hens teeth. Add appropriate shipping. The film is heavy so it'll probably cost $28 - $30 in USA.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    have you taken any pictures with this puppy?
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    have you taken any pictures with this puppy?
    No, but the motor is all oiled up and running perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    darn! just bought another lens for my M2, my S.O. will kill me if another camera comes into the house. She is somewhat pissed about the second Kodak 2D. The 5x7 was bad enough, and now the 8x10? I think i better lay low for a while. (it would look good though)
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I stayed up late last eve. and processed a single neg, my first ever with a 5B. Below is the full neg, warts and all. Standing in the shade of the Mizpah Hotel and not thinking about what that shadow would look like in the neg. Oh yes, there's a learning curve.

Here's a better crop. Looks like it was done by a Cirkut camera.

And here's a snip to give an idea of the resolution over a 2 wide X 2 1/2" long area.

A SALE IS PENDING

Thanks All!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is so cool! Great results. Thanks for sharing.
    Michael Cienfuegos

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin