Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,922   Online: 1004

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least the folks who are bitching and moaning about someone else's sale, which they've no stake in, are giving it a bump every once in a while. Sorry you have to take the abuse, Colin, you've been more restrained and gentlemanly than I would be. Hope it works out for you and your eventual buyer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I would really think about getting it if I couldn't simply crop my 6x4.5 or 6x6 or 6x7 or 6x9 medium format negatives to get effectively the same - if not "better" - results for insanely less money, while spending the same amount of money per frame shot, all whilst getting all the benefits of a system reflex camera, plus having the option to not crop if that is what I wanted for a shot or two!
    Good point. I bet if I really tried I could crop the film from the 4x5 Speed Graphic or the 4x5 Graflex Model D and get the same effect!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billbretz View Post
    At least the folks who are bitching and moaning about someone else's sale, which they've no stake in, are giving it a bump every once in a while. Sorry you have to take the abuse, Colin, you've been more restrained and gentlemanly than I would be. Hope it works out for you and your eventual buyer.
    Have a sense of humor, man...or if you won't, at least let me (us?) have one! This is obviously going to E-Bay for whatever reason (He has been saying so since June.), so some jokes about why it ended up there are appropriate, IMHO.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Permit me to make the observation that I think Colin's asking price is a bargain. A Hasselblad X-Pan in excellent condition (from an Estate) is available locally (pro dealer, Melbourne, Australia) for AUD$2,200 and that is just the basic body and 45 lens. CC is offering Hassy-branded filters and whatnots which would surely add a very significant amount otherwise, so ease back in arguing about the price. Interestingly, a USD-AUD conversion works out at $2,055, still way below a pro dealer's display price.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billbretz View Post
    Have a sense of humor, man...or if you won't, at least let me (us?) have one! This is obviously going to E-Bay for whatever reason (He has been saying so since June.), so some jokes about why it ended up there are appropriate, IMHO.
    2F/2F you got that right. If must have been posted while I was writing post #22. I am glad you got my back.

I would like to have an XPAN but as I explained I have had some opportunities come up that rearranged my priorities. When I all unwinds I will relay the story. For now I will say that both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend I got to see and handle, focus, shoot, crank the shutters of Graflexes and Graphics in probably the largest privately held collect in the world. I thought that handling Hasselblads was hazardous for ones financial well being ... the strength of GAS strong it is ... must resist ... futile to resist it is ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would really think about getting it if I couldn't simply crop my 6x4.5 or 6x6 or 6x7 or 6x9 medium format negatives to get effectively the same - if not "better" - results for insanely less money, while spending the same amount of money per frame shot, all whilst getting all the benefits of a system reflex camera, plus having the option to not crop if that is what I wanted for a shot or two!
    It's not quite the same, from what I understand, at least up to 6X7. The frame is 24X65. From what I understand the lenses are designed to hold sharpness out to the frame edges. And of course it's much smaller and lighter than other medium format cameras. It also does give regular size 35mm images if wanted.

I, like others, would love to have one. If not for lack of cash induced by being laid off in this lousy economy, I'd be on it. I would be using a bunch of my remaining Kodachrome in it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill...I'm not quite sure I see the point in blathering on about some other system, on a thread one has no intention of acting upon, but if nothing else it keeps the topic alive for people. Hopefully someone sees through that and recognizes a good deal on a stellar camera.

I really hate to think of going eBay on this. A complete PITA far as I'm concerned. I've bought and sold here before and not only is it much easier, I know it's going to fellow film fans...my preference by far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I give up! No more jokes! Ever! ()
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Hopefully someone sees through that and recognizes a good deal on a stellar camera.
    It is a stellar camera. I just can't buy it now. I hope you sell it soon, no joke.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, Sirius...it's appreciated. Good luck on both of our bank balances!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin