Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,247   Posts: 1,660,189   Online: 884

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billbretz View Post
    At least the folks who are bitching and moaning about someone else's sale, which they've no stake in, are giving it a bump every once in a while. Sorry you have to take the abuse, Colin, you've been more restrained and gentlemanly than I would be. Hope it works out for you and your eventual buyer.
    Have a sense of humor, man...or if you won't, at least let me (us?) have one! This is obviously going to E-Bay for whatever reason (He has been saying so since June.), so some jokes about why it ended up there are appropriate, IMHO.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Permit me to make the observation that I think Colin's asking price is a bargain. A Hasselblad X-Pan in excellent condition (from an Estate) is available locally (pro dealer, Melbourne, Australia) for AUD$2,200 and that is just the basic body and 45 lens. CC is offering Hassy-branded filters and whatnots which would surely add a very significant amount otherwise, so ease back in arguing about the price. Interestingly, a USD-AUD conversion works out at $2,055, still way below a pro dealer's display price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I would really think about getting it if I couldn't simply crop my 6x4.5 or 6x6 or 6x7 or 6x9 medium format negatives to get effectively the same - if not "better" - results for insanely less money, while spending the same amount of money per frame shot, all whilst getting all the benefits of a system reflex camera, plus having the option to not crop if that is what I wanted for a shot or two!
    It's not quite the same, from what I understand, at least up to 6X7. The frame is 24X65. From what I understand the lenses are designed to hold sharpness out to the frame edges. And of course it's much smaller and lighter than other medium format cameras. It also does give regular size 35mm images if wanted.

I, like others, would love to have one. If not for lack of cash induced by being laid off in this lousy economy, I'd be on it. I would be using a bunch of my remaining Kodachrome in it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill...I'm not quite sure I see the point in blathering on about some other system, on a thread one has no intention of acting upon, but if nothing else it keeps the topic alive for people. Hopefully someone sees through that and recognizes a good deal on a stellar camera.

I really hate to think of going eBay on this. A complete PITA far as I'm concerned. I've bought and sold here before and not only is it much easier, I know it's going to fellow film fans...my preference by far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I give up! No more jokes! Ever! ()
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, Sirius...it's appreciated. Good luck on both of our bank balances!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I give up! No more jokes! Ever! ()
    NOW I notice your winky Smiley!:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The market (as is demonstrated here) is not in favour of selling a thing like this. It's very much a buyer's market, and as you have noticed, not a lot of people are willing to have such a thing, let alone pay for it what could be considered a decent asking price. The vast majority of people isn't interested in buying a thing like this at all, and the people who would consider buying it know that the market is in their favour, and will not pay that much.
    It appears that (not just with things like the X-Pan, but many other things too) we have a choice of either 'giving it away', or hanging on to it ourselves.

It's not hard to find X-Pans for sale. And most are offered for what would seem to be a quite reasonable (low, even) price. But it is nearly impossible to find ones that do sell for that price.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, Colin.
    But do think that if you must rid of it, you'd better prepare for more than just "a small loss".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My (limited) experience selling high ticket things on ebay has not been good. I might wait to make it a local, cash-in-hand sale.

My one huge regret in life is selling a primo craft acoustic guitar, I lost my shirt and will always mourn that guitar.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With respect, QG, enjoy your coffee. Your comments are unhelpful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin