Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 809

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I give up! No more jokes! Ever! ()
    NOW I notice your winky Smiley!:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The market (as is demonstrated here) is not in favour of selling a thing like this. It's very much a buyer's market, and as you have noticed, not a lot of people are willing to have such a thing, let alone pay for it what could be considered a decent asking price. The vast majority of people isn't interested in buying a thing like this at all, and the people who would consider buying it know that the market is in their favour, and will not pay that much.
    It appears that (not just with things like the X-Pan, but many other things too) we have a choice of either 'giving it away', or hanging on to it ourselves.

It's not hard to find X-Pans for sale. And most are offered for what would seem to be a quite reasonable (low, even) price. But it is nearly impossible to find ones that do sell for that price.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, Colin.
    But do think that if you must rid of it, you'd better prepare for more than just "a small loss".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My (limited) experience selling high ticket things on ebay has not been good. I might wait to make it a local, cash-in-hand sale.

My one huge regret in life is selling a primo craft acoustic guitar, I lost my shirt and will always mourn that guitar.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With respect, QG, enjoy your coffee. Your comments are unhelpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With KEH selling a bargain condition XPan body only for $1035 and Colin's price of $1800 for a near mint body AND a near mint 45mm lens, I'd say it's a fair price. If I had the dough, it would be mine. KEH is considered a good standard to go by for used gear prices. I never understand why the so called hasselblad experts think selling something for a fair price is objectionable. XPAN's are quite hard to come buy in good shape anymore, so why sabotage someone selling this gear? If it's too pricey, don't buy it or offer unwanted advice that will put others off. Get over it.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    When you post anything in a public forum, you're open to criticism and discussion. This is overpriced, telling people to 'enjoy their coffee' isn't going to magically sell this.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would be interested if it was an Xpan II and if I had the money which doesn't help. Problem is that so many think that the cheapest they see something sell on fleabay is what its market value is. Well thats just the cheapskate market value.
    I tried selling a camera on fleabay but put a sensible starting price and there were no takers. So I wrote a little web page for myself and advertised it there. It took a few months but I eventually found a serious buyer who knew its real value and not the cheapskate price. But if you want to sell it fast then you have little choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you listen to yourselves? Colin is just trying to sell a camera that he no longer needs. He's asking a price that he thinks is fair. If you don't agree - why do you have to speak up? It's none of your f-ing business what price he wants to sell the camera at. If somebody wants to buy the camera at the price Colin is asking, they will show up. If not - you know the rest. Either Colin lowers the price until it sells or he keeps it. That part will take care of itself, with or without your help.

Just because you CAN comment on it, and no matter how much it's itching your ego to do so, it doesn't mean you SHOULD comment.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Do you listen to yourselves? Colin is just trying to sell a camera that he no longer needs. He's asking a price that he thinks is fair. If you don't agree - why do you have to speak up? It's none of your f-ing business what price he wants to sell the camera at. If somebody wants to buy the camera at the price Colin is asking, they will show up. If not - you know the rest. Either Colin lowers the price until it sells or he keeps it. That part will take care of itself, with or without your help.

Just because you CAN comment on it, and no matter how much it's itching your ego to do so, it doesn't mean you SHOULD comment.
    Didn't know we were still under censorship, sorry to hear that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apconan View Post
    Didn't know we were still under censorship, sorry to hear that.
    Apconan - are you trying to censor Thomas? Of course not. Neither is he censoring you. He is, however, pointing out the outrageous lack of courtesy and tact that this thread (and others like it) is producing.

Didn't your mamas ever give you folks the talk about what to do when not having something nice to say? (Sorry, Mom).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin