Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,185   Online: 796

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know about censorship, but there are things like empathy and common decency. Empathy is a concept that is long forgotten and rarely practiced. These comments about the price did not help Colin in any way shape or form, instead it hampered his efforts. What could anybody here possibly gain from that? It's absolutely useless behavior that serves no purpose other than exercising the right to speak up. But what about responsibility? Responsibility to your fellow humans and photographers?

Ponder the following: Perhaps the seller is really desperate for cash. Perhaps he needs to have dental surgery or take care of an emergency. He really needs to sell his camera. Why do you want to argue with the price? What's the god damned point? How does it help?

It has nothing to do with censorship; it has to do with being a decent human being and treating others with respect and empathy. It saddens me to no limit that people just have to speak their minds, regardless of the consequences.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Folks - I'm making the extra effort to sell it through here for reasons I've already mentioned: I'm a big believer in APUG, had lots of terrific and positive experiences here, and would rather any commission from a sale go towards maintaining this site. I like APUG and am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

I think it's a fair price and definitely believe in the gear. You can disagree, that's fine, but in order to keep things positive and keep APUG a good place to be, let's keep unhelpful comments away. I do likewise for others, so...thanks again to all and I do hope a buyer can be found here. It truly is a superb bit of kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To be fair, Colin, you did express your dispair (almost) with us for not taking this thing off you.
    All that happened is that you got the response that sollicited.

I still wish you the best of success selling the camera for what you think it is worth!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Colin-
    I apologize to you for my part in steering this train wreck.
    I'll post no further except to say, again, good luck to you and your eventual buyer.
    Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin