Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,174   Online: 978

Shooter
    35mm

color paper: free to good home

I was given the following color printing papers. I can't use them so I'm making them available to anyone willing to gamble shipping costs to take them off my hands.

Kokak Ektachrome 22F 11X14 maybe 20 sheets split between a 10 pack and a partial box;
    Kodak Ektacolor Plus N 11X14 in an unopened 10 pack;
    Unknown brand of 11X14 labelled as "Japan's Finest Color Print Paper, Type A, Resin coated; Lustre surface. The label is imprinted 70-70-60 if that means anything to anyone. This is in a bright red box

Partial box, guessing 25 sheets, 8X10 labelled exactly as the Unknown brand of 11X14 above except that this is Glossy Surface;
    Unopened bright red box 100 sheets of 8X10 labelled "Resin Coated, Color Print Paper, Type A process, Konishiroku, Lustre surface."

Unicolor 5X7 Exhibition F Color Paper Gloss, about 20 sheets
    About 20 sheets 5X7 in a Unicolor box but hand labelled as Ektaprint 2

The rest is all Kodak 8X10 paper of various stripes:
    50 to 60 sheets Ektacolor Plus E
    2 boxes with ~20 sheets each Ektacolor Plus F
    Unopened box of 100 sheets Ektacolor Professional F
    Two partials adding up to ~100 sheets of Ektacolor 74 E Lustre;
    An unopened 25 pack and ~10 more sheets in a box of Ektachrome 22 F.

The lady I got this paper from was storing it in a freezer but I got the impression that she had been collecting it from others over the years so I can't vouch for any of it. As I said above, anyone willing to bet the cost of shipping can have any or all of it.
    DBurian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ektacolor Plus chemistry is no longer available but I do have some workable formulas that might help. The Plus papers did not keep as well as the current Supra and Endura family but keeping it frozen can help a lot.

Basically, it loses red speed during keeping.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    PE, if you're still watching this thread, what is the most environmentally friendly way to discard this old paper?
    Thanks,
    DB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea and was wondering the same. I have quite a stack of these papers and have never disposed of any of them.

They are free of Cadmium and Mercury though and disposal should not involve any hazard but the Silver Halide and couplers.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess I'll take them to our local household hazardous waste unit and see what they say.

Thanks for the help,
    DB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steph;

After you try it and get questionable results, PM me and I will give you some corrective measures. They may or may not work!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    i will take them if they are still available

steph

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    it is ok i do a lot of werd alternative tings so it is goo that they are old

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They will probably not be "goo".

Steph, if you use RA developer, add 13 ml of benzyl alcohol / liter of developer to improve results, if the dmax is low.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin