Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,485   Online: 922

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

El Nikkor 63mm 2.8

Legendary(or so I'm told) EL-Nikkor 63mm F2.8 enlarging lens. Perfect condition in plastic keeper.
    Bought this to fit to my Focomat 11C, or V35, fits but will not focus on either, not enough extension I'm afraid....so back to my 50mm El Nikkor.
    $90.00 AUD, paypal, and I will post it O/S, probably around $15.00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello, I have a question. Does it fit the helicoid of IIc? Do you use 50mm Nikkor with IIc now as well?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it does screw into the 11C, just can't focus....maybe if you had some kind of extension. I do now use the 50mm Nikkor on the 11C, the faster 2.8 is easier to focus than the rather slow 4.5 Leica lens. I still use the 40mm Focotar on the V35.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leitz made extension tubes for the focomat. The cam though is cut for either 40 or 50mm
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John, I wonder where on earth I would get one of those? I tend to always focus manually, so the cam is no problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My experience with helicoid in IIc (the big one with two lenses) is that it's too deep and thin to fit non-leica lenses - at least what I've tried with old-style metal nikkor 50. Is it possible to change aperture with fingers once the lens is inside?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My bad, it is a 1C not a 11C, always get them confused. Maybe I just lust after the 11C!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah thank you for clarification.
    Regards the adapter, Leica Solms still sells old stock of 8mm rings (17439) for V35, which should help to compensate the difference. Also in past some older 39mm rings with funky names have been made for repro. Probably the best way would be to meassure how far must be the lens from mount to have focused image and then found appropriate ring/tube.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your help, I will try the local Leitz dealer, they may have something lying around.
    Tony

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin