Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,452   Online: 874

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS -Call it Macaroni - British lenses for 4x5

I'm listing 3 British made lenses today. These first two lenses are both recommended for 4x5 but might cover 5x7. I accept USPS money orders, paypal sent as a 'gift' and paypal if you pay the fees. Will consider trades as well. % to APUG if sold here.

A third lens will be listed separately as it is for LF and ULF and probably too long for most 4x5 users.

1) Dallmeyer Dallon tele-photo lens: focal length 12"; f5.6; requires only about 7" of bellows at infinity, and only weighs 321g! (Compare THAT to your 300mm Caltar in a Copal 3... ) A flange IS included. Glass is good but has cleaning marks. Easily covers 4x5 and might cover 5x7. I don't have a camera larger than 4x5 here to check with.

In Vade Mecum, p69, " A fixed separation tele and one best corrected for distortion and stigmatism, and normally useable at full aperture. It had 2x magnification and covered a fair angle, e.g. use 12in for 5x4"

Price: $89 shipped, in USA.

2) Aldis Anastigmatic, #2, 5" focal length, f6 I've had several of these over the years and they have all been terrific performers. See the VM on page 14, describing the UNO type lenses: " Series II, f6.0, 5"... for which 80 degree coverage was claimed. This was a classic UNO type design with 4 air/glass surfaces. ... Uno is a very nice contrasty sharp lens and fully usable today."

Price: $91 shipped, in USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll take the 3rd as its free

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
    I'm listing 3 British made lenses today. These first two lenses are both recommended for 4x5 but might cover 5x7. I accept USPS money orders, paypal sent as a 'gift' and paypal if you pay the fees. Will consider trades as well. % to APUG if sold here.

A third lens will be listed separately as it is for LF and ULF and probably too long for most 4x5 users.

1) Dallmeyer Dallon tele-photo lens: focal length 12"; f5.6; requires only about 7" of bellows at infinity, and only weighs 321g! (Compare THAT to your 300mm Caltar in a Copal 3... ) A flange IS included. Glass is good but has cleaning marks. Easily covers 4x5 and might cover 5x7. I don't have a camera larger than 4x5 here to check with.

In Vade Mecum, p69, " A fixed separation tele and one best corrected for distortion and stigmatism, and normally useable at full aperture. It had 2x magnification and covered a fair angle, e.g. use 12in for 5x4"

Price: $89 shipped, in USA.

2) Aldis Anastigmatic, #2, 5" focal length, f6 I've had several of these over the years and they have all been terrific performers. See the VM on page 14, describing the UNO type lenses: " Series II, f6.0, 5"... for which 80 degree coverage was claimed. This was a classic UNO type design with 4 air/glass surfaces. ... Uno is a very nice contrasty sharp lens and fully usable today."

Price: $91 shipped, in USA.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Naw, it isn't free, I'm just working up extra high fees for you Brits picking on us poor yanks again. And around the 4th of July as well!

I love your photo 'wheel shed', by the way. I'm hoping to get out to NV and shoot some of the old mining stuff with Jim Galli later this summer. I could only dream of getting one as nice as that.

Cheers,
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin