Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,750   Online: 944

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Fallowfield 16" Rapid Doublet for 13x11 w/ stops

This is the 3rd British made lens I'm posting today: a Fallowfield 16" Rapid Doublet lens with stops and a non-original flange. I really hate to let this one go but I have to pay for a new roof and my house being painted.

I have used this on 8x10 and 11x14 cameras. Jim Galli thinks that it might cover 14x17 stopped down (4 stops are included) but I have no way of checking that. I calculate the 4 stops to be f16, f22, f32, and f45 but always shot wide open. I don't know if they are original but they fit perfectly and came with the lens originally.

There is a flange that is NOT original but is the correct diameter and could be screwed on partially or attached some other way, if the buyer wants it. I used this lens with a universal flange on my cameras, so never needed an actual flange.

The glass is very good and throws an image that is absolutely gorgeous on the ground glass. There seem to be some slight cleaning marks. The barrel has some corrosion and what seems like tape residue. The engraving is "Fallowfield London 13x11 Rapid Doublet #1589"

Apparently 13 x11 was a size used in France in the 1800's and 13x11 cameras were available. Fallowfield was a dealer who engraved their own name on lenses from others. They sold lenses from Dallmeyer, Ross, and Perken Son and Rayment, all quality manufacturers. The Vade Mecum, p87, seems to imply that this is a Dallmeyer lens.

US buyers can have a few days to pop it onto a camera and test it or if you need to check coverage of 14x17. Shipping is on you if you need to return it.

Price: $350 shipped in the USA. I take USPS money orders or paypal sent as a 'gift' or paypal with the buyer paying the fees. % to APUG if sold here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    $330 shipped in the USA? Make me an offer - I need to move this out!
    Cheers,
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin