Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 943

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Koni-Omega Kit!

I have a fairly complete Koni-Omega kit for sale - preferably to one buyer.

Included in the kit:
    a) 2 Rapid M bodies,
    b) 3 dark slides;
    c) 1 grip,
    d) 90mm lens and non-OEM front cap,
    f) 58mm lens w/front & back OEM caps (includes Series VII to 52mm filter adapter),
    g) 58mm finder & case, and
    h) three (3) 120 backs.

None of this equipment is in pristine or "mint" condition, but all of it is functional. There are scratches and marks at various locations, but none that are likely to affect operation.

The rangefinders work and are accurate in each body, although one is slightly clearer than the other.

The shutters in each of the lens work well and I haven't noticed any problems with the speeds.

Both lenses are reasonably clean and very contrasty and sharp. The 58mm lens showed some signs of edge separation when I got it 3 1/2 years ago, but that condition hasn't worsened since then, and the results from the lens are very pleasing.

The 58mm finder is a bit cloudy, but totally usable. It's accompanying case is very worn, but also totally usable.

The backs could all use a tune-up - you have to use them consistently in order to get consistent spacing. In addition, one of them is missing the film holder flap door, while another is missing the end of roll release tab.

I've struggled with the decision to sell this. The ergonomics are unusual, and not particularly suited to me, but for most should be fine. If I were to keep it, I would have it CLA'd by Greg Weber.

Price: $220.00 USD + shipping

Caution - this is a heavy package, so shipping will not be cheap.

The Fine Print:

Payment: Paypal only please - I will absorb the cost.

Shipping: I will ship via Canada Post, but must insist on a trackable shipping mode. I will gladly ship internationally, but will only put accurate values and description on the customs forms.

All items sold AS-IS. FWIW, I have 100% positive feedback on ebay as mlkingeb (so far, buying only).

I'll post more photos shortly.
    Last edited by MattKing; 07-04-2010 at 06:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some photos.

1st - a shot taken with the 58mm lens:

2nd - the 58mm lens itself:

3rd - the 58mm lens with associated finder:

4th - the film backs:

5th - the camera bodies (and grip):

Continued next post..
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and finally..

6th - the seller, as reflected in the 58mm finder
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $220.00 USD For everything?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Koni has to be the most underrated MF system on the planet. I carry one in my truck 24/7 for those wish I had a camera with me moments.

As a plus, it's equal to my Hassy to at least 11x14 ( I don't print any bigger than that ).

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    $220.00 USD For everything?
    Yes - I'm a generous soul!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Koni has to be the most underrated MF system on the planet. I carry one in my truck 24/7 for those wish I had a camera with me moments.

As a plus, it's equal to my Hassy to at least 11x14 ( I don't print any bigger than that ).

Mike
    Mike, are you saying that you need a truck to move a Koni? That is a new one for me!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Koni has to be the most underrated MF system on the planet.
    I'll second that.
    I have one with the 90mm and 58m lenses. The lenses are superb.
    This is a great price considering it comes with the 58mm lens and finder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Koni has to be the most underrated MF system on the planet '

indeed

I have few of the models (still looking for the Japan-badged 'Konica Press"... and love shooting with them as well as with their bad ass sister, the Koni-Omegaflex.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heritag...7623059961209/

The 'M" are the last of the Konica made ones and seemingly indestructible (after that came the Mamiya-built ones). The ergonomics may be a tad intriguing, but with the adjustable grip its a good...

Matt, for a study of the production of these cameras, would you mind sending me the serial numbers of the roll film holders (they can be found under the take up spool)?
    Dirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ausphoto View Post

Matt, for a study of the production of these cameras, would you mind sending me the serial numbers of the roll film holders (they can be found under the take up spool)?
    Dirk
    Dirk:

I'll look them up, and send them to you.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin