Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,454   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Will the lens focus correctly on a Nikon S2? I have a Nikon S2 body without a lens.
    To put it another way, should the lens be able to focus correctly on a Nikon S2?
    I know there's a slight difference between Contax and Nikon focusing, but where does the Kiev fit in?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a sale pending on the Kiev and lens. Contax and Kiev are fully compatible. Compatibility between the Nikon and Contax mount is a murky subject, but as I understand it for wide angle lenses the focus errors are small with respect to the depth of field. It also depends on whether one is using Nikon on Contax, or Contax on Nikon and there are even lens specific incompatibilities. Longer lenses require significant focus compensation (best to avoid them). I think 50mm is about as the longest one would mix the two lens systems and this may require scale-focus corrections at wider f-stops.

I have heard of Contax Sonnars being used on Nikon RF bodies, but pay attention to the focus corrections (there are Web sites and forums that discuss this at some length). The Sonnar and the J-8 are quite similar so that implies the J8 would probably be OK.

By the way, probably because they made so many of them, the Nikon 50mm F2 and F1.4 Nikkors for Nikon RF are not too expensive and are exceedingly good lenses - amazing really. Most of the other Nikkors are pricey, sometimes extremely so.
    Last edited by davela; 07-23-2010 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it falls through I want it ASAP. :]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't fall through, the check is in the mail. Really!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah, oh well. I'll just catch the next one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin