Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,456   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kiev 4 with J8 Lens - 1976 Model - Nice!

I am selling a Kiev 4 from 1974 (SN# 7425516). Included is a Jupiter 8 lens.

The cosmetic condition is good with no evidence of abuse. The shutter fires correctly at all speeds and the shutter curtains look good. The rangefinder patch is aligned and accurate and has acceptable visibility. The meter appears to be non-functional (as is typical) and the self timer does not seem to work (it winds down, but does not fire the shutter).

The lens has basically clean, clear glass with no haze, fungus or other "show-stoppers". The iris blades are clean and the click stops very positive. There are some fine hairline circular cleaning scratches on the front element, but not nearly enough to impact use.

A take-up spool is included.

All-in-all this is a good user grade Kiev and it should be a fine picture taker. The Kiev 4 is a good first system-rangerfinder if you are interested in trying this format and it won't break your bank. Many good compatible lenses and accessories are available. I think I've set a reasonable price.

Price: $50 plus shipping. I ship to most countries
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kiev 1.jpg   kiev 2.jpg   kiev 3.jpg   kiev 4.jpg  
    Last edited by davela; 07-15-2010 at 11:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Does it have any light leaks?

Thanks,
    Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    You can return it for a refund (within a reasonable time period) if you find a problem like that

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I can vouch for David......buying from him is a NO RISK situation. I have purchased many items from him and the items were all better than described.

Ray
    Last edited by ray*j*gun; 07-17-2010 at 08:48 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a Kiev 4a, the 4 has no meter

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ian,

According to the Camerpedia (http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Kiev_4) this is a Kiev 4. Other sources such as the original manuals found here:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/russian...a-a-splash.htm

tend to back this up. (I've owned them all at one time or other)

cheers, David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great little camera -- I own two 4A's ... Soviet technology at its best!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Still available - (two buyers dropped out me)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am interested in this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin