Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,000   Online: 822

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hercules Quick-Set Tripod w/ Gear Head *ULF*

So, I got this massive tripod in a package deal with a Red-Lake Hycam highspeed camera. Here is an example of what it looks like, though this isn't mine. It comes with the geared head which works well (smooth operation).

Most of the steel bits, like the screws, nuts and gear-head-spring have surface rust. Otherwise condition is pretty good, though well used. One of the struts for the legs had been broken but was repaired by an experienced welder.

Anyways, just wondering what kind of interest there is here on APUG.

If you would like to know more or see some pictures, let me know.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A picture is worth a thousand words.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is true, and I'll take one tonight...

I will say that it is not a looker, but it is 100% functional condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Those are *amazing* tripods, I have one myself. The company is (more or less) still supplying parts for them, though the parts prices are more in line with what these beasts originally cost, than with the much reduced prices you can pick them up for on the used market. I use mine with my Photec highspeed camera, interesting to see that's what the OP's was used for too!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does *ULF* stand for Ultra Large Format or the sound you make picking it up? Hercules, indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, cool to hear that! I actually could use some help figuring out my Red-Lake Hycam if you know much about high speeds in general.

In fact, this Hercules has a Red-Lake plaque on it, as these were sold as package deals in the industries that required them.

And lxdude, the answer is both!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a little OCD when it comes to obscure things whose parts are expensive - I buy multiples and put together the bext one for me, fix up the dregs the best I can, and resell all the excess. So I have a bunch of pictures from when I sold off my other ones. I'll post them here so folks can see what these bad boys are made of. They're basically all the same, with some differences throughout the years in crank handles, feet tips, and a couple of different available total heights.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    More pics:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Additionally, mine has leveling feet and to be honest, it seems bigger/thicker than this one, plus geared everything (tilt, pan, raise, lower). Though it is hard to tell from pictures.

You could probably, quite literally, put it at it's maximum height and sit on it (depending of course on how many Big Macs you eat....)

I'll post my pix soon, though thanks for sharing yours frobozz

update (you posted more pics before I was done!).... yeah, mine is slightly different, definitely a more robust model. It couldn't possibly get that small.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just to make it clear, the last two posts were pictures of stuff I sold a long time ago, it is the original poster who has one of these for sale. They got snapped up pretty quickly when I listed them on That Auction Site - apparently these puppies are still sought after by a lot of folks, especially when priced less than the many thousands they cost new way back when.

Duncan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin