Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,336   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

FS: Hasselblad Xpan. 45mm lens, center filter, Kirk QR, $1350

I have a Hasselblad Xpan with standard 45mm lens for sale. The camera is unquestionably an ugly duckling, with the insides of a gorgeous swan. As you can see from the photos, its homeliness is due entirely to the finish having worn off badly--common to this model. But mechanically and optically it's perfect. I bought the camera several months ago, knowing that the LCD on the rear didn't work. What I didn't know was that it needed a complete overhaul, including a lens alignment. I sent it to Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC, an authorized Hasselblad repair facility, which did the overhaul, including a new back door & LCD. They also overhauled the lens. Total repairs were $519, and I'll include the repair order/invoice to the buyer. (I also have a scan of it which I can send to anyone interested.)

After having used it for a while, I just can't get comfortable with the panoramic shape. It's a great camera--wonderfully user-friendly, and an incredibly sharp lens, but it's not for me.

Included is a lens cap, strap, Kirk QR plate, and the center filter. (There was a shade, but sadly, I lost it somewhere in the tall grass of South Dakota.). A word of warning on the filter: The glass is noticeably scratched, so I'm considering the filter a freebie I'm throwing in. But if you've read this far, you're not here for looks. And despite the scratch, I've not seen any ill effects on the images. The glass on the lens, by the way, is great--no marks scratches, etc--and the optical quality is extraordinary.

The pictures here were taken before the camera was repaired, so keep in mind that 1) the back that's in the photos has been replaced and 2) the shade's no longer available.

Price is $1350, plus any postage and PayPal fees. I've bought and sold before on this forum, as well as on the big auction site (peterlat), Photo.net, Large Format Forum, and Rangefinder Forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xpan_front.jpg   xpan_top.jpg   xpan_rear.jpg   xpanlens_front.jpg  
    Last edited by peterlat; 07-20-2010 at 08:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo correction

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

sold pending payment

Camera is sold, pending payment. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin