Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,353   Online: 1037

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: Manfrotto Pano Head

I used to shoot 360º panoramas with my ol' reliable F3HP. I sold the F3HP years ago, before the price crashed. I've thought of picking another up, but, nah, I'll never get around to shooting it. You give it a try.

Here's all you need to shoot professional grade panos. This kit includes:

Manfrotto 3414 Pano Head
    Manfrotto 3416 Leveling Base
    (2) Manfrotto 3419 Micro Positioning Plates

The Pano Head has 10 detent positions to allow dividing each revolution into separate 10, 15, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36, 45, 60 or 90 degree segments. The Leveling Base has a spirit level and three wheels for adjusting the base. The Positioning Plates have 120mm of travel and can be finely adjusted with a knurled shaft, or quickly moved by using a release lever. The plates also have locking screws.

Here's how to do it: put the two plates at right angles (as shown in the photo) and mount them onto the panohead/leveling base. Level the base and lock it in place. Put the camera on the top plate, and adjust the plate left to right until the lens is centered over the pivot point. Look through the viewfinder to correct for parallax - line up a close and a distance object, e.g., close fencepost vs. distant telephone pole. Swing the camera left to right, observing how the close object moves in relation to the far object. Adjust the second plate forward and back until the near and far objects remain stationary to one another while swinging the camera. Bingo! You've found the "nodal point" and can start taking panos.

Checking prices on these items (or their replacement models), I see they're worth over $450 new. These are all in good condition, used but not abused. I'll offer them at half the new price - $225 + shipping - and see what interest there is. Paypal's fine.

Charley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pano-Head-#1.jpg   Pano-Head-#2.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    OK, got some nibbles, but no bites.

Let's try a reduced price: $200 + shipping (USPS Medium Flat Rate = $10.70, domestic)

Charley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin