Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,089   Online: 1031

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

The Perfect Single 8X10 Lens

If I were just starting in 8X10, or was serious about paring down to a single lens (don't worry, I'm not) this would be a contender!

Back in my Deardorff days I made many wonderful images with one of these. For architecture, the Deardorff bellows would groan and complain well before this lens would run out of movements.

The Schneider spec is wrong. These cover sharply right to the edge at 82 degrees. That's about 410mm of image circle. Take it to the bank.

This one is feather light in it's Copal 1 Press shutter. The press shutters fire each time you cycle the cable release. Top speed on these is 1/125th.

Price: $385 + shipping 3% to APUG of course.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I separated it into four parts, could each part be used by a 4x5?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could cover 16 Hasselblad's with it!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    You could cover 16 Hasselblad's with it!
    I like this lens! But all Siriusness aside, I will concentrate on 4x5 for a while first. Now if you have lenses for a 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic with a 135mm lens or a to be purchased 4x5 Graflex Model D [details are sketchy while the owner, a retired Graflex/Graphic repairman reconditions it and checks it out] then contact me.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin