Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,551   Online: 1043

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS Petri 7S 35mm film Japanese rangefinder camera

For sale is a Petri 7S - classic 35mm film Japanese rangefinder camera. This is the "poor man's" Leica of the 1970s. It is a fully coupled compact rangefinder camera. The camera has a fixed fast 45mm f/2.8 lens. The lens is sharp and free of any scratches, haze or fungus (see picture, this shows the actual item for sale). The lens is coated and features 4 elements in 3 groups. It has a 52mm filter thread. The aperture range is f/2.8-16. The focusing range is 0.8 meter to infinity.

The camera has a very quiet Petri MVE leaf (in-lens) shutter, which makes it ideal for candid photography. Shutter speeds are 1-1/500 and B. The faster speeds, up to 1/8, work fine. The shutter needs adjustment to get the slower speeds working correctly again. The bulb function works.

The camera features a around the lens (ATL) selenium manual metering cell, which does not require any batteries. The design of the meter allows correct reading even with filters attached. The meter is fully functional and gives correct reading. Over several rolls I never had any wrongly exposed photos. Meter readings are displayed in the viewfinder window as well as on the top panel of the camera next to the shutter button. This is handy as it allows a meter reading without having to bring the camera up to eye level. The camera has a cold shoe in combination with a PC sync port, which allow it to be used with external flash units.

The camera is in great cosmetic condition but needs some service to restore full functionality. The frame counter does not function correctly (a common problem with this model) neither does the self timer. It is however very usable in its current condition. I have recently shot several rolls with it and achieved great results. I am only selling because I have switched to a Canon rangefinder. It would also make a great collector's piece to put on display.

The cameras dimensions are 13.2 x 7.9 x 7.2 cm and it weights approximately 600g. The camera comes with a lens cap and neck strap.

Price: 44 AUD or make me an offer with the price you'd like to pay. The price indicated here is negotiable.

I'd be happy to organise pickup of the camera or to post it to anywhere in Australia and internationally. Please note that depending on your location oversea's postage can be in excess of 50 AUD.

Payment will be made through Paypal.com. I cannot accept any other payment methods.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the camera.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Petri 7S - classic 35mm film Japanese rangefinder camera.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin