Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,973   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Multi Format

Deardorff 8x10 with 4x5 Reduction back ~ Complete outfit For Sale

Due to lack of use I'm selling my lovely 10x8 Deardorff complete with original Deardorff groundglass & a 5x4 reduction back - this has a Graflock International fitting so it's ideal for roll film holders as well. It is a triple extension with all swings/tilts & rising front and is completely original. The camera was bought direct from Jack Deardorff himself in 1982 - serial ≠6565 - and I had it shipped to the UK. It was mostly used in the studio on still life & anything else I was asked to shoot (I've my 5x7 special for location) and has spent the last 10 years or so in it's case. I've just run a couple of test sheets through and it's all light tight - as expected. When I purchased the camera I had a mahogany, Deardoff to Sinar lens panel adaptor made and have the following lenses all on Sinar panels:

Schneider Super Angulon- f5.6/121 in Compur: (A very delightful wide angle that does cover 10x8).
    Schneider Symmar S- f5.6/240 in Compur 3:
    Schneider Symmar S- f6.8/360 in Compur 3
    Rodenstock Apo Ronar- f9/480 in Copal 3:
    All the shutters are fine, I get them checked annually, the glass on all lenses unmarked with no blooming or fungus & each lens comes with both caps
    Fidelity 10”x8” darkslides x 16 plus some extra sheaths for some reason
    I would prefer to sell this as a complete outfit rather than fiddle about piecemeal. However, I am open to sensible offers. Looking on a well known auction site & having got some prices back from a couple of my suppliers, I was advised on the following prices :
    Camera complete £1500:00
    Darkslides £30:00 ea
    121 lens £300:00
    240 lens £350:00
    360 lens £525:00
    480 lens £475:00
    This comes to £3510:00 individually. For the complete outfit, call it £3000:00.
    Any extras I find like cable releases, odd filters & the like, they will get bundled in to the lucky purchaser. I am based in London (UK) and will ship to anywhere once the funds are confirmed as cleared.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A forgot to mention the 120 is engraved Linhof on the front lens barrel meaning it's been through their stringent testing & meets their criteria.
    Pictures of all the kit are downloadable here
    <http://www.preutz.com/ddorf.zip>

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi David. I am looking to return to Black and White photography after a long absence due to career obligations, and this sounds like a great bundle. To clarify, are you selling the 8X10 and keeping the 5X7?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you saying all lenses are uncoated as that's what no blooming means / Yet some are coated !!!!

I won't comment on prices.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi.. Just to clarify things. The 10x8 kit, lenses & all accessories is what is for sale. The 5x7 Special is one I'm keeping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lenses are indeed coated or even multi-coated. By blooming I mean there's no misting or crap in the elements - ie they're crystal clear.
    As for the prices. I know what you mean, they're far too cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just checking to see if you are trying to sell the outfit on this forum or if serious talk about purchasing it should contact you some other way.
    Mike Thaden

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=thadenmft;1055680]Just checking to see if you are trying to sell the outfit on this forum or if serious talk about purchasing it should contact you some other way.
    Hi Mike

Yes I am serious about selling the kit - sadly. However, I haven't shot 8x10 on a job for about 10 years now & feel it's time for a bit of a clearout. No doubt once I've sold it, the 'instant gratification' clients now expect from digital will decline & they'll start wanting to go back to proper shots & film again - so be it. I still have my7x5 special for that. Anyway, if you would like to contact me directly my email is:- studio@preutz.com
    Look forward to hearing back from you. Regards David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Preutz View Post
    The lenses are indeed coated or even multi-coated. By blooming I mean there's no misting or crap in the elements - ie they're crystal clear.
    As for the prices. I know what you mean, they're far too cheap.
    Blooming was the old term for coating. It came about because it happened naturally, in some cases.

So when old adverts say a lens is bloomed it's not related to cloudiness in some lenses.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format

Deardorff 8x10 SOLD....... SOLD

Sold to a very happy photographer who will be putting it to good use & platinum printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin