Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,681   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to clarify the 50mm MC Rokkor is still available $40 + shipping. The Regular 1.4 is sold.

You can't mount a Minolta MD on EOS and maintain infinity focus without modifying the Minolta lens somehow. I belive the 55 1.2 Rokkor was a good candidate for modifying (permantely) to do this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    in theory, it might be possible to remove the existing minolta mount and modify the lens to mount on another camera while meeting the other system spec for flange-to-film distance. I am pretty skeptical that one can add an adapter without additional optical correction to maintain infinity focus with a Rokkor lens on an EOS body.

You are correct about the quality of Minolta optics however. Minolta didn't have as diverse a set of offerings compared to its competitors, but optical quality was never a reason to shun Minolta cameras.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Joseph Albert[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here we go. This link has instructions on converting the 58mm 1.4 Rokkor and apparently the same basic procedure works on the 58mm MC Rokkor 1.2 as well. So it is fairly possible to do. If no one wants this 50mm Rokkor I may just have to take the dremel to it and see if this works..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Just to clarify the 50mm MC Rokkor is still available $40 + shipping. The Regular 1.4 is sold.

You can't mount a Minolta MD on EOS and maintain infinity focus without modifying the Minolta lens somehow. I belive the 55 1.2 Rokkor was a good candidate for modifying (permantely) to do this?
    It is possible to modify a Canon EOS mount body to take Minolta Rokkor lenses.

http://digitalrokkor.altervista.org/why.html

Good way to get maximum use out of your Rokkor lenses without butchering the lens.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin