Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,615   Online: 1167

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Canon P for sale

This Canon P is in great working condition. I am selling it because I wear glasses and I have difficulty seeing the entire 35mm wide-angle frame. Without glasses I can see the entire viewfinder. So bear this in mind if you wear glasses and want to use a 35mm wide angle lens. With the 50mm lens there is no problem seeing the entire field of view while wearing glasses.

The shutter fires at all settings and sounds accurate. The self-timer also works as it should. The film advance is smooth and strong.

The rangefinder works and is perfectly aligned.

The rangefinder patch has good contrast, and the view through the 100% life-size viewfinder is clean and clear. All the framelines are entirely complete and visible. No flaking.

Both of the original metal shutter curtains are light tight and in excellent condition. They show some typical Canon wrinkling (not much). This wrinkling is common with these cameras, but it has no effect on the camera's function. I have other Canon RF cameras with much worse wrinkling and their shutters work well.

There are no dents or dings. There is a small ( 1/4") depression on the top plate near the name Canon and another almost imperceptible one near the shutter speed dial. There are a few superficial bright marks on the baseplate. The small beauty ring is missing around the front rangefinder window with no ill effects on operation. The leather is intact and the film reminder dial rotates and clicks perfectly.

This P is a ready-to-go street shooter for all your Leica type screw-mount lenses, with built-in framelines for 35mm, 50mm, and 100mm.

The serial number of the camera is 790840.
    $220 plus shipping. PayPal OK...please use the gift option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   6.jpg  

Last edited by Karl K; 08-10-2010 at 01:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I forgot to mention that the flash synch is perfect. I just checked it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Price reduced to $190 plus shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    temptation doesn't get much stronger than this....
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PM sent.......anyone out there interested in a used Bessa R? It will be for sale if the Canon works out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am definitely interested in a Bessa R.

Does everything work properly?

What color is it?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, PM sent, I hope.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sale pending to Mark Fisher.
    Thanks.
    Karl

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin