Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,721   Posts: 1,670,118   Online: 772

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You want the reasons, well here they are:

1. I don't have a scale
    2. I don't have time to research and respond to 150 different ship to locations to determine costs
    3. The further away it is the more likely things will either get lost or damaged. Since the stuff is so cheap there won't be insurance on it so I take the hit.
    4. I'm not a business
    5. I'm selling this stuff really cheap as a favour to our membership, so any potential buyers can just do a little leg work themselves in return

Simple enough for you?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If that is the most nonsensical thing you have ever heard, you've led a charmed life.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to have it, but I refuse to use paypal, I'm a firm believer in cash or USPS money orders, and not letting paypal into my bank--ever again.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will venture a guess that Eric has had some experience selling and trading on the 'Bay, which may to some extent explain his disposition toward offering something for sale in an online classified. I imply no reflection whatsoever on any APUG user with these remarks, but if you've spent any time on the Big Site you would know that every kind of imbecile will eventually find some reason to make your life hell over the least of things and it doesn't matter how clearly you've explained it, how well you've defined it, or how liberal your terms are. trade enough there and for sure, some idiot is bound to take a simple transaction and turn it into an expensive fiasco that can devour hours and hours of your time and money. Over much less than a $100 spot meter.

I don't mean any offense to anyone here on APUG and if I'm off on this observation, forgive me. I'm just sayin'.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry about that. I've had a few bad experiences lately and had to vent. Good luck with your meter Eric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've enjoyed the transactions I've done with Eric (including the one I'm in the midst of now).

Although it is hard to guess weights from the other side of a mountain range.

Next time I see a decent kitchen scale in the local thrift store for less than $3.00 (like the one I have) I should probably buy it and offer it to Eric.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Remind me not to sell anything here. I am just a happy buyer! WOW! I feel sorry for the OP. The man is offering an awesome spot-meter for a bill, and has to jump thru hoops to figure postage. I would of just listed it to USonly and used a small flat rate box. Good luck with your sale, I am surprised it is still here. Had I not just won an auction for the pentax digi model I would of jumped on this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akfreak View Post
    Remind me not to sell anything here. I am just a happy buyer! WOW! I feel sorry for the OP. The man is offering an awesome spot-meter for a bill, and has to jump thru hoops to figure postage. I would of just listed it to USonly and used a small flat rate box. Good luck with your sale, I am surprised it is still here. Had I not just won an auction for the pentax digi model I would of jumped on this.
    It sure would be nice if Canada Post offered a flat rate box service - but they don't. You need to weigh every parcel you send in order to determine postage.

I repeat - I've enjoyed working with Eric. I'll add - I'd recommend him highly!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread is about selling a very nice meter. The OP has every right to put restrictions on where he will ship to. I have made a sale or two here and enjoy giving a good deal to APUG members. Not that I have much to part with. Good luck with the sale!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've owned one of these meters in the past and they are great. Currently have the digital Pentax and love it.

I buy and sell a bunch of stuff in various different places. Going to the Post Office to make an overseas shipment can be a royal PITA. I do ship overseas and sometimes sell stuff only for domestic buyers. It is time I'm concerned with and getting an hour or so of my time tied up in a sale, is a concern for me.

Some time in the past I adopted this definition of "Time." Time - essential non-refundable segments of one's life.

Helps me determine how to invest my time. Standing in a line at the post office and filling out a bunch of forms is most often "spending" rather than "investing" my time. Bill Barber

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin