Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Widelux F7 for sale

Widelux F7 with original soft leather case. Camera is in immaculate condition. Case is excellent.

Negatives are crisp and tightly spaced with no overlapping and no banding. Shutter speeds and lens rotation are accurate and smooth. Even the green bubble level is perfect. The 28mm f/2.8 lens is quite good wide open and deadly sharp @f/8. There is virtually no vignetting, which makes printing or scanning very easy, unlike with the Hasselblad X-Pan, which also doesn't cover as wide an angle.

Once in a while, perhaps one shot out of twenty-five or thirty, the shutter release button will not release the shutter. When that happens, I just recock the swinging lens manually. The Widelux instructions (free online) suggest that the swinging lens should be "exercised" frequently by doing this. When the camera is loaded with film, the swinging lens can be "exercised" without making any exposures or wasting film.

This Widelux was cleaned and checked, not a complete CLA, two years ago. Since then, I have shot less than 6 rolls.

Through the years, I have owned three Widelux cameras and this one is by far the best one.

$950 including shipping in CONUS. $940 plus shipping and insurance outside of CONUS. PayPal (kindly use gift option), or add 3% if the gift option is not selected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2238.JPG   IMG_2239.JPG   IMG_2240.jpg   IMG_2244.JPG  
    Last edited by Karl K; 09-06-2010 at 11:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've owned an F7, and had an exhibition from prints made with its lens -- 20 inch wide prints from a 35mm neg, no problem. Karl is not kidding when he says how sharp the lens is.

I only wish I had the money, or something to sell/trade, or I'd be very happy to get this camera. A really superb machine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for your kind words, Colin. Did you make your prints wet, or did you scan and make digital prints? The reason I ask is that I have never made wet prints from these gorgeous negs, since I don't have the proper negative carrier. I hate to sandwich the negs between glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw Colin's show, the prints were wet process and he used a filed out neg carrier. They are gorgeous prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Returning from a month's vacation...just a bump. The US dollar is so cheap now, I'm surprised that you European guys haven't jumped on this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe if you returned your email and responded to genuine inquiries you would sell a camera you've had on the market for two months.
    The camera is known for its banding problems, particularly when it hasn't been used for a while. There are other reasons for this problem.
    Why take a risk when there isn't a return policy.

A friendly suggestion: run a roll of film through it and post the pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks for your response. Your Widelux sounds like a terrific camera in great working condition without the notorious banding issues. And with the hundreds of impeccable and unblemished feedback you received on the great big auction site, it's certain that someone else will end up with this superb camera, if you don't accept my offer first.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am really sorry that I have been slow to respond to posts in APUG. I check my email every day but APUG posts seem to slip by me. Anyway, I just "exercised" the swing mechanism and fired the shutter about 25 times and I'm happy to report that all is well. If anyone is worried about banding, I will shoot a test roll of Tri-X and develop it before I ship the camera just to be sure that you're getting what you are paying for. In any event, I would never stick anyone here on APUG or eBay, for that matter, with a sub-standard camera. Mellie, I appreciate your kind words and I look forward to cashing your check, as soon as you mail it!

Right now, the Widelux is still for sale.

Karl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brilliant camera, I've had the privilege of shooting a few and it's alway a treat. Check out Jeff Bridges gallery, yes, "The Dude" also shoots a widelux. http://www.jeffbridges.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Price lowered....free shipping in CONUS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin