Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,700   Posts: 1,482,620   Online: 755

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

SOLD - Caltar II-E MC 210mm, f6.8, in Copal 1, $165 shipped

SOLD over on LFF

For years, this was my go-to 4x5 lens. I believe these were made by Schneider for Calumet, but it's been a long time since I bought this, so I could have that wrong.

210mm, f6.8, Copal 1, original caps. Multi-coated glass is in good shape. There's a little dust. Shutter works well. Includes the rear ring to attach the lens to a lens board. (It's on a 4"x 4" board, included if you want it). I'm unsure of the 'official coverage' but when I put it on my 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 " camera, it covers. I would suspect that it is meant to cover 4x5 and 5x7 with a lot of movement. (NOTE: I found my notes that the image circle is 242mm at f22)

The lens is in great shape and immediately usable. I have gone to the dark side (not digital, the OTHER dark side) and rarely use a shutter, not even the packards I have. So, someone might as well be getting some use out of this gorgeous little lens. These were pretty expensive little gems a few years back.

The last one sold on Ebay was $175, so how about $165 shipped in the USA? Overseas would probably be about $10 extra. I take USPS money orders or Paypal as a gift or if you pay the fees.

Cheers, Richard

Last edited by rrankin; 09-07-2010 at 07:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: found add'l info

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    On LFF, someone posted this comment about the lens:

"It is a Rodenstock Geronar rebadged for Calumet. A very nice lightweight lens that is sorely under appreciated."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sold over on LFF pending payment

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin