Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,476   Online: 992

Shooter
    Medium Format

Minolta manual focus X700, 24/2.8, 70-210/4, 50/1.7, teleconvertor, extension tubes

I have the following Minolta manual focus cameras and Rokkor lenses for sale. All items are Minolta brand unless stated otherwise.

1. 70-210/4 MD Rokkor-X, EX+, glass is pristine, front and rear caps, and dedicated shade. The same optic was sold by Leica as the 70-210/4 Vario-Elmar-R. $65

2. 24/2.8 MC "Rokkor-X", EX (filter thread was bent and repaired by a camera tech, otherwise EX+, lens accepts filters), front and rear caps and the shade Tamron sold for their 24/2.5 (also e55) included, pristine glass. Note that this lens was bought new in Sweden and Europeans lenses used the notation Rokkor for the same lens that was marked Rokkor-X in the US, hence I put the Rokkor-X in quotes. It is clearly the same generation lens as a US lens marked MC-Rokkor-X as it has the later rubber grip on top of a metal barrel instead of the older knurled metal grip. Leica sold this optic as the 24/2.8 Elmarit-R. $60

3. X-700, EX+, CLA in the last 2 years so newer light seals and shutter and meter well calibrated, very clean camera. I have two of these in the same condition, one sold body only for $50 the other sold with a 50/1.7 MD Rokkor-X (clean glass, 55mm threads) for $65

4. Vivitar 1.5x teleconvertor, near mint in original case, $15, or $5 with purchase of item in 1, 2, or 3

5. Vivitar auto extension tube set mint-, $15, or $5 with purchase of item in 1, 2, or 3
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Joseph Albert[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooooh, if that X-700 is still here when I get paid it's mine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent about the Minolta 24mm/f2.8.

Shooter
    35mm
    I want that 24, but I think my wife would beat me if I bought another camera item right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Status update:

1. 24/2.8 SOLD
    2. X-700 with 50/1.7 SOLD
    3. Vivitar 1.5x teleconvertor SOLD
    4. 70-210/4 SALE PENDING

Still for sale: X-700 without lens and set of Vivitar auto extension tubes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Vivitar extension tubes are also now sale pending. Looks like you're in luck, j-dogg, the X-700 without lens is the piece that is still left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you don't sell the 70-210 F4, I could be interested in it (Correct me if I am wrong, but this is basically the Rokkor X predecessor to the AF lens they call the "Beercan"?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know what is called the beer can. the lens is actually marked Minolta MD Zoom and not Rokkor-X. However, it is a a solid all metal construction like an MD-Rokkor-X lens. I guess the 70-210/4 wasn't plasticized until the AF version.

I've used the Olympus 65-200/4 Zuiko, Nikon 70-210/4 Series E, Canon 70-210/4 macro for FD (same as early EOS lens), Vivitar 70-210/3.5 Series 1 e62, and CAnon EOS 70-200/4 L non-IS. The minolta lens is second to the current Canon L lens in terms of image quality in my view, but the 70-200/4 L is much larger and heavier to carry around. I never used the Nikon 80-200/4 AIS which may be preferred to the Minolta lens. Also interesting was the 65-200/4 Zuiko, maybe it's just a subjective thing, but I always felt I could just carry a 28/2.8 and that lens hiking and be covered.

Anyway, I'll let you know if the lens becomes available again, although my expectation at this point is that the sale will complete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The AF version of the 70-210 F4 is definately not plastic!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin