Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,919   Online: 992

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FS - 4x5 (or 5x7) Marvel (B&J?) Wood View Camera

The title is a bit confused, but then again, this camera is confusing. It's set up with a 4x5 Graflok back, but could take a 5x7 back. It's a Marvel, sold by Sears. Don't know who made it for them, but it looks a lot like a B&J (or maybe an Ansco). The extension rail is hinged onto the back, whether by design or a later modification, I don't know. The graflok prevents it from folding all the way up to the back, but there's no lock for it anyway - shouldn't be hard to rig one up if you want it.

The bellows are light tight (I haven't used it but I ran a petzl headlamp through to check) but seem to be installed upside down (judging by the seam). They seem just fine but do make a little bit of a crinkly noise on opening all the way. Movements all seem fine. There are some marks, a piece of velcro stuck to one standard (the red in the photo), and the metalwork is dull. Photos do a pretty good job capturing the condition - it's not pristine, but I don't think this is a collector anyway.

There are two wooden lensboards with largish openings. I'm including 3 Fidelity or Lisco plastic holders (with the plastic tabs).

Asking $125 + shipping. Payment via paypal preferred.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8811.JPG   IMG_8812.JPG   IMG_8813.JPG   IMG_8815.JPG   IMG_8809.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow what a great deal! soo tempting, do you know if a 75mm lens will fit on this or is a recessed ensboard needed?

Bodies: 1DIII, RZ ProII, Walker Titan 45
    Other: CanoScan 8800F

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't know. I have a 65mm Optar - won't cover but I could try it and tell you if it would focus. Otherwise, I have a 90mm Nikkor SW I could try.

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin