Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,652   Posts: 1,623,593   Online: 808

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikor 2-reel 4x5 tank

Nikor double-reel tank – I’ve never heard of such a thing. Comes with two adjustable stainless reels for cut film up to 4x5 inches, lifting rod. Stainless bands missing, I’ve heard you can use elastics. $100 plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikor1-wx.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was at a rummage sale and was idling looking through the tanks and saw one of these. The guy manning it at the time I was there said it was for long roll. If I knew it was for 4x5 I would have snagged it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've also never seen or heard about one of these.

I note that this tank is seamed and crimped as opposed to the single reel 4x5 tanks which are one piece. (I own a very nice single reel version.) Is the tank itself manufactured by Nikor Products Co., Springfield, MA?

Ken

[Edit: Not looking to purchase this. Just curious and hoping either the seller or eventual buyer can answer.]
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 09-13-2010 at 10:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarification.
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    Large Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow! Wonder if that was a special order?

Considering it's not a quick fill top, that is going to take eons to fill and drain!

Presume you don't mind that I saved the picture.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One just sold on the bay recently.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not that it means much given my 4 years in LF and not much more generally but i've never seen one
    very neat
    and for $100 quite a steal, it would seem

I'd have thought $300 at cheapest

still have yet to use my single. want to but always forget.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're welcome. I'd never seen one before. I use the single-reel tank all the time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin